What Shotguns Do You Guys Favour?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: What Shotguns Do You Guys Favour??

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20346 times
    I own a Remington 887 pump action shotgun in 12 gauge. It was one of those puppy-in-a-window things when I glimpsed it on the used gun rack at my local gun store a couple of years ago. By far, the softest recoiling 12 gauge I have ever shot. I also own a 100 year old Stevens single-barrel, single-shot 12 gauge in really good condition that kicks like the angry mule that it is.

The only addition I'd make is an old Lefever Nitro Special 12 gauge double-barrel. I had one from my grandfather but gave it to my son, with orders that it either goes to one of his children or one of his cousins, but it stays in the family. I do miss it, though - tough as nails and just as reliable.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Member #
    Liked
    8290 times
    I keep a few cheapo Rem 870 Express shotguns scattered around the house / shop for home defense, but my hunting preference is the single shot. Considering that I'm by far the worst shot on this forum, it's more economical to miss my targets in ones rather than in groups of three.

Member #
    Liked
    560 times
    We favour Mossberg for more modern shotties but we also have a special spot for the old "humpbacks."

Late 80's Mossberg 500 pump gun/ Modernised 1927-1933 Browning A 5:Name:  RGT Sale (4).jpg
Views: 41
Size:  918.5 KB

1912 Remington Auto 11:

Same 1927 -1933 Browning A 5 (Formal wear): Name:  Gun Fairy Browning A 5.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  5.24 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BigBlue and darbo like this.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20346 times
    Addendum to my previous post.

Tom, I admire your sartorial choices. One of my great-great-great grandfathers immigrated to America from Chichester. I hope he had the tailored sensibilities that you demonstrate. As for me, my shooting ensemble consists of a long-sleeved button down shirt, blue jeans, outdoor hiking boots, and a western hat. Comes from growing up on a farm/ranch and a 30-40 Krag in the utility room, I s'pose. That, and a steady diet of those old black-and-white TV westerns from the 1950s and '60s.
    Czechbikr and ManxTom like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28016 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Addendum to my previous post.

Tom, I admire your sartorial choices. One of my great-great-great grandfathers immigrated to America from Chichester. I hope he had the tailored sensibilities that you demonstrate. As for me, my shooting ensemble consists of a long-sleeved button down shirt, blue jeans, outdoor hiking boots, and a western hat. Comes from growing up on a farm/ranch and a 30-40 Krag in the utility room, I s'pose. That, and a steady diet of those old black-and-white TV westerns from the 1950s and '60s.
    If I wore Tom's shooting outfit I might be mistaken for a gentleman.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28016 times
    Most of my shotguns are for defensive purposes and one, a Stoeger Field side by side, for rabbits and grouse. My defensive shotguns are a Mossberg 930 tactical SPS and a Rock Island arms pump. All are 12 gauge.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    Thats a really dapper hunting outfit you're wearing ManxTom. I like it!
    Thank you, kind sir. One has to maintain certain standards don't you know..
    Bruntson and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    560 times
    Tom, I simply love your shooting wear. It is ever so smart.
    ManxTom likes this.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20346 times
    Really, I haven't read so much polite and considerate prose from this buncha ill-mannered Taurus Armed reprobates since - forever. You're a good influence, Tom!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21758 times
    Agree but anyone of us 'Muricans start talking or posting with a British or cockney accent, well, that is where we'll have to worry. Most of us can clean up well.
    ManxTom and texastaurusguy like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links