What Shotguns Do You Guys Favour?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: What Shotguns Do You Guys Favour??

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    Well can’t touch those prices for the OPs’ list of SGs’ . I know your proud of them . Got a Remington 870 pump 12ga , Franchi Affinity S.A. in 12 ga . My choice of American made SGs’ are the CZ Shotguns and no particular one cause i like them all . Not into sport shooting at all even tho i have shot a few clay with grand kids for fun . But what i have on hand are more than capable to do what i need done . None for HS , pistols take care if that .
    RonLPT24/7

Member #
    Liked
    30000 times
    I like any well made & finished shotgun regardless of the brand.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    19927 times
    I don't even know most of the shotgun brands you posted!

I have just 1 shotgun and it's the Mossberg 500, 12ga, 20" barrel, 7+1. I like the tang mounted safety and the action is very smooth.
    texastaurusguy and RonPT24/7 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21639 times
    I have an old bolt action 410 given to me ~ age 13. I have my grandfather's 1955 Browning A5 (12G) and my Mossberg Shockwave pump action - again in 12G. Only things I don't have is a lever action and a break action breech loader.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    482 times
    Oh well it certainly different strokes over here. Game shooting is, usually, quite organised. Our pheasant season runs from October 1st to February 1st and there are loads of shoots every weekend. If attending as a 'gun' (all those who shoot are called 'guns'..), you would be expected to dress suitably for the occasion. Primary choice would be tweed shooting suit which would comprise of jacket and breeches, good Wellington boots (Hunter are often used) and of course a shirt and tie.. (I kid you not). You will be transported to the shooting line and draw straws for your 'peg'. At a signal from the Shoot Captain 'beaters' will begin to move forward in a line, driving the birds towards you.. The photos are of me, first arriving at a shoot about five years ago. booted and suited, as we say. The second is at a 'formal' country clay shoot. Note the shirt and tie..!! Now the gun is a 12g Longthorne. The guy in the photo with me is a gentleman called James Longthorne Stewart, the guy who makes the gun I'm holding. That particular gun is their entry level gun.. it sells for around $25,000..!! ( and prices go up to around $100,000 ) This guy is an amazing gunmakers; he is unique in that the barrels of his guns are all made from one piece of steel. Not two barrels jointed together as is usual.. That gun was superb to shoot, I couldn't miss a damn thing. Shame I'll never be able to afford one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    482 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I don't even know most of the shotgun brands you posted!

I have just 1 shotgun and it's the Mossberg 500, 12ga, 20" barrel, 7+1. I like the tang mounted safety and the action is very smooth.
    We are not allowed any shotgun with a barrel length of 24"..!! Most people who shoot game choose 28" or 30", clay shooters go up to 32" barrels..
    darbo and RonPT24/7 like this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Why tweed? Would any suit jacket work, or is it just tradition?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    22257 times
    As odd as it sounds, my absolute favorite shotgun was an H&R 20 ga single shot. I used it on birds, small game, deer, pretty much everything. after that was an inherited Rem 1100 of my dads, pretty sure it was mid 70's vintage. Currently have a Mossberg 535 because the wife wanted a quintessential pump action. I'll eventually get another H&R 20 ga and will be looking for another older Rem 1100.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    I like Pump Action Shotguns, namely the Ithaca Model 37 and the Mossberg 590A1.

Unfortunately, I don't have the space to store a full-size Shotgun in an easily accessible location in which I could quickly ready it in the event of an emergency, nor to maneuver it around, so I was forced to compromise. First I got a Taurus Judge Magnum, then a year later I got a Mossberg 590 Shockwave.

The Judge is basically my nightstand gun, (although I don't have a nightstand) which I keep loaded with 3 Federal Premium .410 Handgun 000 Buck 3" shells and 2 Barnes VOR-TX 200gr SCHPs. The Shockwave stays stored in a scabbard in the corner loaded with Winchester Military Grade 00 Buck 2.5" shells.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    7959 times
    I'm not much of a shotgun shooter.

I've got a Remington 1100 that I set up for home defense, a 16 gauge H&R Topper that was passed down, a 20 gauge Stoeger coach gun that was bought just because the deal was too good to pass up, a Spanish sxs in 10 gauge 3 1/2" and my main match CAS shotgun- a Winchester Model 1901 (10 gauge 2 7/8" lever action). One of these days, I'll run into a .410 that feels right or is priced right and I'll pick it up to complete the set.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links