shoot skeet today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: shoot skeet today

Member #
    Liked
    8796 times

shoot skeet today

went to the range to shoot some skeet today for the 1st time after the knee replacement the weather was rainy I was happy with the way I shot my swing felt right for the 1st time in a long time. i would have shoot more but I broke a extractor on my old Winchester super x 1 skeet gun, before the replacement I had lots 80% of the range of motion in my right knee after 2 months I have around 115% of motion 120% is a normal knee. I plan on shooting some more on Wed if the weather clears
    taurustoter, Sekol, darbo and 5 others like this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    6115 times
    Told ya! After all is healed up you'll be better than new!! Well done on the shooting also!
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    3818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vaskeet View Post
    went to the range to shoot some skeet today for the 1st time after the knee replacement the weather was rainy I was happy with the way I shot my swing felt right for the 1st time in a long time. i would have shoot more but I broke a extractor on my old Winchester super x 1 skeet gun, before the replacement I had lots 80% of the range of motion in my right knee after 2 months I have around 115% of motion 120% is a normal knee. I plan on shooting some more on Wed if the weather clears
    I haven't done that is at least two years.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Told ya! After all is healed up you'll be better than new!! Well done on the shooting also!
    I still have a long way to go to get back to a AA class skeet shooter If the weather is better I will use my main skeet gun a Krieghoff K80 Briley tube set
    chefduane likes this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    18532 times
    My pop has had both knees done and the only problem he has is getting in and out of the car. He's got hinge motion but no side to side.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32397 times
    Nice to here you're doing better. I shoot real birds better than clays, but have done some country doubles and have always thought sporting clays might be fun. When we first moved up here there was a sporting clays range near me, but they musta folded since the sign isn't on the highway anymore. I procrastinated, my bad. I used to drive 100 miles from my old house to shoot IDPA just down the road from where I live now, but that range is closed. About all I've found around here is CAS and it just seems a little lame to dress up cowboy and call myself "Black Bart" or something.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    6115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vaskeet View Post
    I still have a long way to go to get back to a AA class skeet shooter If the weather is better I will use my main skeet gun a Krieghoff K80 Briley tube set
    Charles Daly Miroku O/U.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    8796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Charles Daly Miroku O/U.
    same factory as the Browning citori and if I remember correctly some parts interchange right no I am looking for a Winchester 101 diamond grade 4 barrel set
    chefduane likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    32397 times
    My only O/U is a CZ Redhead Delux in 20 gauge. It fits me perfectly, has perfectly regulated barrels, is wonderfully balanced, and brings me large bag limits. I didn't wanna pay any more for just bragging rights.

Clay shooters are Such snobs. I have nobody to impress, but me. I have a Mossberg budget, after all.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    32397 times
    I have to add, I understand the "need" for stuff like Krieghoff and such for competition. Racing motorcycles is not dissimilar, you can only finish as high as the machine lets you. Skill means a lot, but you need the hardware to maximize your finishes.

A guy in my old gun club shot competition, was good enough to compete for placement on the Olympic team one year, though he didn't make it. His dad ran "Smith Electric", an electrical contractor in Port Lavaca. They were the UPS drop off for a while. I was in there one day to ship a package UPS and he wanted to know if I wanted to buy a Krieghoff trap gun, a single shot gun for an unreal price that I can't recall. It was not the kind of shotgun a duck hunter needs and I passed.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links