Like Tree210Likes

Thread: The (unfortunate) reason I carry in church

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31876 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    In my opinion EXACTLY why the Church leaders don't need to just accept old George that was in WW !! and brought home his 1911 that has been residing in the dresser drawer with the green booletts in it for years.
    they need to train/certify and keep ongoing training and certification for those carrying officially.
    they may be long time outstanding church members but are they proficient?
    I'm proficient and I am the only one in our church that carries. Most of the folks in our church are on the north side of 70. I don't know what kind of fool would wanna shoot the place up, small town and all, not more'n 50 targets on a given Sunday. But, I mean, Southerland Springs is in the middle of nowhere. It wouldn't be high on my list of suspect targets either, so whadda I know?
    olfarhors and pegasus like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    1212 times
    Our church council voted to have anyone with law enforcement training to concealed carry if they choose to do so. There are three of us and at least one is at every service. None of the church members are aware of it other than our spouses or council.
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Western North Dakota

Member #
    Liked
    25341 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rexherring View Post
    Our church council voted to have anyone with law enforcement training to concealed carry if they choose to do so. There are three of us and at least one is at every service. None of the church members are aware of it other than our spouses or council.
    Anyone old enough to hold a firearm can carry in our Churches.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3716 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    As well they should. Odds are far more in favor of a ND with a striker gun than needing it to stop an armed intruder.
    While statistically that's probably true, I find his situation ironic. What you usually hear out of the anti gun crowd is only the police and other "professionals" are competent enough to carry a gun. He however is being restricted because of the negligent actions of a police officer.
    olfarhors likes this.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links