Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Walmart Shooting in Duncan Oklahoma

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  bigC 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I was literally there Friday picking up a power strip for our operation about a mile south of there. Duncan is a tiny place so it'll be interesting to see what develops from this.

#14 ·
Really sad situation. What I don't understand is why they kept calling it a "walmart" shooting and not just a shooting on a walmart lot? Oh wait, I know why, it gets more clicks if worded that way! Also, I noticed they really down play the good guy with a gun causing the ex to off himself? Only a few quickly mentioned that and some questioned if that even happened?

Reactions: darbo and YOT
#16 ·
That was kind of my reason for asking what other shops share the parking lot, obviously the media wanted it to be tied into WalMart so it could be tied into the El Paso shooting etc...if they had said the shooting took place in a parking lot for the Dollar Tree or Mary's Hair n Nails, it wouldn't have gotten as much attention (or as many clicks) and probably wouldn't have "triggered" as many snowflakes to scream about gun control.

#20 ·
It is interesting that no reports seem to identify this "good guy". Did he walk off after the suicide and no one knows who he is, or is he being questioned by the police?

#24 ·
I was reading this on news9.com, they posted some of the 911 calls.

Most of the callers stated a "shooting in the Walmart parking lot."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.