Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Cure for gun violence

Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    37209 times

Cure for gun violence

μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Story is from Sept 1, reading it I thought this was a new story. Glad it's not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocss85 View Post
    Story is from Sept 1, reading it I thought this was a new story. Glad it's not.

Also interesting points, but there certainly are people who should NOT own firearms. There are people who are not responsible enough to do so, and that could result in ineligible people getting their hands on a legally owned gun. As in im legal, but my child is not. Or possibly my live in sibling is not. I would go so fast as to say EVERYONE should be taught firearm safety. And perhaps trained in safe use of firearms.

Phreddie30.06 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7958 times
    IIRC, thye did this in a small town town in Georgia, I believe it was Kennesaw Mountain, and watched their crime rates drop dramatically.
    And, I also remember the wimps and wussies saying how "it would be a bloodbath in the streets", and how that has not come to fruitation.
    Then, look at Chiraq, Baltimore, Detroit (De toilet), and other pro-gun controlled towns, and their crime rates.
    Makes you wonder, don't it?
    "Our indulgence wore out with you A LONG time ago".
    - Rep. Jim Jordan to Rep. Adam Schiff about the "Impeachment Inquiry"

As has that of the majority of Americans.

Member #
    Liked
    16447 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocss85 View Post
    Also interesting points, but there certainly are people who should NOT own firearms. There are people who are not responsible enough to do so, and that could result in ineligible people getting their hands on a legally owned gun. As in im legal, but my child is not. Or possibly my live in sibling is not. I would go so fast as to say EVERYONE should be taught firearm safety. And perhaps trained in safe use of firearms.

Preach it, brother!
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    4004 times
    It wouldn't reduce gun violence, only increase it. The few areas where criminals might now be scared to engage generally are non lethal encounters anyway. Nickel and dime robberies of liquor and convenient stores type stuff. The biggest factor is drug and gang related in inner cities. Those guys are armed already anyway, doesn't stop them one bit from gun violence, just changes up the tactics. It might drop "mass shootings" gun violence, but contrary to media those, even though they often can put up big numbers, are actually fairly minor factors in overall gun violence. There will always be soft targets. Schools, night clubs (do you really want hundreds of drunk armed people in a single location?), and such. Plus, the majority of those shooters already go in with the mindset most often of not coming out. Arming folks won't change their minds, again, just their tactics. It's easy to unload at least one magazine of ammo on a bunch of unsuspecting people engaged in day to day normal activity. Folks on gun forums love to think that arming the entire population would just make the problem go away, not seeming to realize that most people don't have the sheep dog mentality that we have to own guns and be on these forums in the first place. Most people fall into the sheep category, and don't want anything to do with carrying a firearm on their side or in their purse, or even in many cases owning a gun at all. The fact is gun violence has been dropping over the years, and pretty significantly. Suicides are up though, and many with firearms which gets grouped into gun fatality numbers which greatly skews the numbers and public perception. If you really want to reduce gun violence, the best option is to attack the root of the issue itself. Most of this violence comes from areas that are poverty stricken. Increase jobs, the economy, opportunity and education (which vastly increases opportunity), and you will have a much greater and more positive impact on gun violence than you will by arming the general populace, which in our country is already largely the case anyway with more guns than people, and a whole lot of people. Not a popular opinion on a gun forum admittedly, but the truth never the less.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/17/65808...ZDQtHh0LyUrIH0
    Last edited by Zen Ape; 11-14-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    1070 times
    Let's see, this "Gun Violence" which is a verb ( a word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence )
    is committed 99% of the time by a mentally disturbed individual who has the intent of dying by his own hand or forcing ELOs to do it for them. These nut cases fixate and obsess on the idea until they live it out. Where do they get their focus point, idea, driving point. Social media, social peer influence that in their sick minds lifts them up to drive their crazy train all the way to the wreck. Can't we get news, social media and kids taking about how shocked, out raged and disbelieved they are someone would jump off a cliff or get eaten by wild animals?
    If you need proof that this gun violence is 99% socially engineered by what they see and hear look no further the tide soap pods.

Guns are not violent and tide doesn't whiten teeth.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20933 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    IIRC, thye did this in a small town town in Georgia, I believe it was Kennesaw Mountain, and watched their crime rates drop dramatically.
    And, I also remember the wimps and wussies saying how "it would be a bloodbath in the streets", and how that has not come to fruitation.
    Then, look at Chiraq, Baltimore, Detroit (De toilet), and other pro-gun controlled towns, and their crime rates.
    Makes you wonder, don't it?
    We’ve done this in two Ga towns: Kennesaw (as mentioned) and another smaller town - Nelson, Ga. Interestingly enough, no blood running the streets but violent crime is down to near nothing? An armed society is a polite society!
    WoodyUSSLUCE and jtg452 like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    27056 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    We’ve done this in two Ga towns: Kennesaw (as mentioned) and another smaller town - Nelson, Ga. Interestingly enough, no blood running the streets but violent crime is down to near nothing? An armed society is a polite society!

I had/have a goof friend that lives in Kennesaw, we discussed this several times.
    he said very few people went out a got a gun, it was primarily a STATEMENT made by the city leaders and citizens.
    the people that owned guns kept their guns the ones that did not or were afraid of guns pretty much remained that way.
    he said that he noticed no real difference in crime one way or the other as to this law.
    things could have changed since I haven't spoke to him in several years.
    MOONDAWG likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    27056 times
    I think what will change gun violence is a 30-40 year plan where parents start teaching (demanding) children have respect for others, then the ciminal justice system actaully start applying real penalities to people who commit crimes, regardless of a juvenile or not!
    then we might start to see a change in gun violence, I mean the exact reverse is what got us to this point isn't it?
    OPPS! hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings!!!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links