Taurus guns I used to have
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Taurus guns I used to have

Member #
    Liked
    1314 times

Taurus guns I used to have

I still have many Taurus firearms in my collection... However, I choose to buy, sell and trade firearms often... so I can enjoy the experience of owning and shooting many, many different brands, models and calibers

(I'm not wealthy enough to only buy guns and never sell or trade)

Here's my list, in no particular order, of Taurus guns I "used to have".... What's your list look like?

Like all guns I've ever owned... Each has a story and I remember them well

Curve
    TCP738
    Spectrum
    PT22
    PT111
    PT709
    PT845
    PT92 AFS
    Model 82
    Model 85
    Model 94
    Last edited by IowaShooter; 11-11-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    777Driver and MOONDAWG like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7874 times
    There are only 2 ex-guns that I no longer have - PT24/7G2C in .40 S&W and .45 ACP. I still own all other guns that I have purchased. Both of the others were trade-ins for other pistols in the same caliber - traded the .45 ACP for a Para Ordinance p10-45 and the .40S&W for a Beretta px4 Storm sub-compact in .40 S&W.

That brought me down to only 4 Tauri currently but I'm starting to eyeball the 1911's in commander and officer formats...
    777Driver likes this.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    23430 times
    All these went in a single multi-gun trade:

92AF

Not a bad gun but just didn't do it for me. I feel the same way about the Beretta. Must be the ergonomics. Bought at Academy on a Black Friday Deal.

PT738

Should have kept it. But not hard to replace.

.380 Revolver

Trigger pull too heavy and I didn't care for the DAO. Didn't think it was worth the effort to modify.

I traded all these along with a Colt Official Police in one trade. I didn't have a whole bunch of money in any of them. The OP was a partial re-blue. Nice gun, looked good and shot well but it had fixed sights and I have multiple .357/.38's that I prefer. Plus Colts are maybe not the best choice for heavy use these days since service is a problem.

I traded those for two guns, both new. A Springfield Stainless Loaded Target 1911 in 9mm and an SP101 in .22LR. Did not care for the SP101 at all. It's gone too. Still have the 1911. I generally trade because I'm looking for "that gun". Something that shoots well for me. I acquire, I shoot. If it works for me it stays. If not it's gone. I suppose I might keep one if it had collector value and I got it on the cheap.

I usually have a couple on hand I'd be willing to part with. I see no reason to have a big collection of mediocre shooting guns.

Oh, I forgot my PT609 which I loved and I miss but it fell to the "non-recall settlement" and was replaced with a PT809, which I don't like as much as the PT609. I still have the 809.

There's maybe one Taurus I would like to try out at the moment. Maybe. But other than that I don't see anything I want in their catalog.
    Last edited by glenwolde; 11-12-2019 at 08:42 AM.
    777Driver likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35521 times
    I traded a PT92AF and a PT 111 older second gen. To help fund a purchase for another firearm. Wish I had kept the PT 111.
    777Driver and jwc007 like this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    364 times
    PT 24/7 .40 S&W LS
    PT111 G2C 9mm
    Don't have any any more.
    Two was enough for me.
    If it's worth putting a hole in then it's worth putting a BIG hole in.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32745 times
    I've always looked at my guns as tools to fill a need, a niche. If I have all my niches are filled, I need no more. I have some multiple guns for a given niche, though. Just sometimes see one in a gun shop, at a gun show, or something that I cannot resist. Don't hit many gun shows anymore, though.

What Tauri I have is in my sig line. I've rarely sold a firearm, though I have traded a few that I didn't care much for, but had value to others, like a certain Ruger Security Six. I never sold or traded a Taurus, though an Interarms Rossi 972 was traded with money for a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt I really wanted and still own.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23772 times
    I still have all my Tauri. In fact, only gun I ever traded was a FN 40S. Did not care for the tipped pyramids they used for grip stippling. Don’t suppose I can part with my PT738 (TCP) as my name initials are engraved on the frame. Well, could give it to my dad who has same initials but he has an armory of 380ACP himself.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    7098 times
    I used to a 24/7 pro in 9 mm and a Pt 111-pro. Both of those went back to Taurus with the law suit. The 2 G 2c's that I got back from Taurus were traded in for a S & W shield 2.0.

Member #
    Liked
    34874 times
    The only Taurus guns I used to have are ones I gifted to family members. Every one that has come into my possession has been a keeper, and staying in the family counts as kept.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    1314 times
    I've gifted several firearms to family members too...

One Taurus (to my grown son) was the first handgun I ever owned

He still shoots it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links