• 2 Post By Peacemakr40
  • 5 Post By Joe Reeser
  • 2 Post By BigBlue

Thread: Shotgun advice from Clint Smith

Member #
    Liked
    19654 times

Shotgun advice from Clint Smith

Yes he uses a couple bad words in the video...but they work.

Member #
    Liked
    1360 times
    This is one I need to wring out. Monkey Wards Mossberg with 12 ga. rifled slug barrel and raptor grip. How it patterns with shot peaks my interest.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    777Driver and darbo like this.
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Member #
    Liked
    22005 times
    I made a comment somewhere about shooting a BG with #7 birdshot in the house and was called all sorts of nasty names. Basically told it's ineffective, etc. Well if you have your face peppered with birdshot, you are most likely going to stop being the threat to me and my family. I think Clint summed it up perfectly. The intent is not to kill, it's to stop the threat. It's also much easier patching up dozens of small pellet holes in the wall than bigger ones that may completely penetrate the wall. Besides, do you realize how long it takes to wheel out the 8 pounder, fill it with grapeshot and yell Talley Ho?
    darbo and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    551 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    I made a comment somewhere about shooting a BG with #7 birdshot in the house and was called all sorts of nasty names. Basically told it's ineffective, etc. Well if you have your face peppered with birdshot, you are most likely going to stop being the threat to me and my family. I think Clint summed it up perfectly. The intent is not to kill, it's to stop the threat. It's also much easier patching up dozens of small pellet holes in the wall than bigger ones that may completely penetrate the wall. Besides, do you realize how long it takes to wheel out the 8 pounder, fill it with grapeshot and yell Talley Ho?
    My father-in-law always had a shotgun for home defense. The first two rounds were birdshot but after that, the rest were 00 buck. He always said he didn't want to kill anyone but if they were gonna insist...
    If you want the money out of politics take the power out of government.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27145 times
    The pistol that sits on my nightstand is there to get me to my shotgun which is loaded with number 4 buckshot and is a short ten feet away.
    darbo and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Sponsored Links