Father Facing Felony Charges After Shooting Two Men Attempting to Kidnap His Son - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Father Facing Felony Charges After Shooting Two Men Attempting to Kidnap His Son

Member #
    Liked
    25130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    A guy that is illegally carrying a stolen gun doesn't sound like a victim to me. I'd bet this guy's rap sheet doesn't include feathers or unchecked boxes.
    Yet those crimes carry just as much penalty and result in the same loss of rights for life.

Unless there is some sanity in the choice of what crimes are felonies, then the whole felony charge means nothing.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    25130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Please provide citation to the constitutional text in question, because I don't remember that being in there.

Snip
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I see nothing in the above that says a mans rights can be infringed while he is free. It specifically says, "shall not be infringed".

So, the only time ones rights can be infringed is when incarcerated.

And, this was exactly how it worked up until 1968 when they passed the GCA of 1968.
    Last edited by RScottie; 11-10-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    3522 times
    This subject is most certainly a "hairy" one. I don't know for sure how I stand on it, for I know of one guy who can't ever own a gun again (but would trust), and a few guys that I would not even trust with a potato gun (and own many real guns).
    WoodyUSSLUCE and mark38090 like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    This subject is most certainly a "hairy" one. I don't know for sure how I stand on it, for I know of one guy who can't ever own a gun again (but would trust), and a few guys that I would not even trust with a potato gun (and own many real guns).
    It's not a hairy situation at all. Either we are a nation of laws or we are not. If the laws we currently have are unjust, then we can't just disregard them, we have to change them. That is the system under which we live. I do however think the enforcement of laws need to take account for the exigent situations under which the "crimes" happened. Laws must also err on the side of the accused, not on the side of caution.
    mark38090 and Car_Doc like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    25130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    It's not a hairy situation at all. Either we are a nation of laws or we are not. If the laws we currently have are unjust, then we can't just disregard them, we have to change them. That is the system under which we live. I do however think the enforcement of laws need to take account for the exigent situations under which the "crimes" happened. Laws must also err on the side of the accused, not on the side of caution.
    Well, our Founding Fathers thought differently...

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

MOLON LABE

Member #
    Liked
    32671 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I see nothing in the above that says a mans rights can be infringed while he is free. It specifically says, "shall not be infringed".
    I see. So "it's in the constitution" means "the words aren't there, but here's how I interpret things..."
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    4047 times
    I do find it interesting, in an oh so ironic and dumbfounded head scratching way, that a country built upon the belief of freedoms and the desire to extend those freedoms to all its citizens, has more laws on the books, and more people in prison than any other country in the entire world, free or not. While I'm head scratching I do have to wonder if the system is working exactly as intended? Certainly not as pitched or promised mind you, but intended. The "Civil Death" of ex cons in our society only lends further cause for conspiracy theory. Hmmmmm.....
    Last edited by Zen Ape; 11-10-2019 at 10:44 PM.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    32671 times
    Couldn't have anything to do with liberals attacking the foundational unit of society, the family, by subsidizing single motherhood, leading to tons of young men who've never been taught how to be an actual man, could it?

Maybe someone thought to make it harder to get jobs for those young men, by making employing anyone so expensive (minimum wage, requiring health benefits for pushing a darn broom...) that employers find ways to do without...

Nah, I'm sure I'm way off base.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    7264 times
    I don't find it ironic or head-scratching at all to recognize that a nation founded on liberty will have among its citizens a number of people who find that that much liberty provides ample opportunity to unlawfully enrich themselves with the least effort possible, even at the expense of others.

I am completely un-dumbfounded to see there are people who consider it far easier to pump their ego and increase the misplaced respect from their group by showing how willing or skilled they are at violating society's laws and exploiting the shortcomings of the criminal justice system, than to do anything to give back to the nation, or to actually improve society for their group, or to be good parents to the children they've created.

Perhaps the true conspiracy is one aimed at overburdening the government by increasing the demands on it and exploiting its inefficiencies until the only solution is to simply allow progressively higher levels of criminal behavior to go unchallenged (California provides a prime examples) in an effort to avoid paralysis of the justice system.

Alinsky would be proud.
    muddcatt54 likes this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

"The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

Member #
    Liked
    22228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    Well, our Founding Fathers thought differently...

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson
    I think you missed the essence of what I said. we can't JUST ignore them, we must also change them.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links