Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By jonrjen
  • 1 Post By garyh

Thread: Great time at the range today.

Member #
    Liked
    19337 times

Great time at the range today.

Finally got in some much needed time at the range today. To make it even better my son joined me.

I had a few Taurus that needed to prove their worth in being placed in home protection rotation. So the first 3 in the range bag was 2 full size Taurus 809 and a Taurus 809 compact. For some reason I got into the mind set that if you are going to have more than one pistol used for home protection to make them all the same model. This way magazines will all be interchangeable if the need arises. Plus the ergonomic remain the same no matter which of the 3 may need to be called upon. I like the manual safety, and decock feature that the PT809 brings to the table. Two of these 3 pistols had never been fired so today was the day for them to prove themselves.
    I am happy to say that each and everyone of the PT809 performed perfect without a hiccup. No stovepipes, no jams, no fail to fire, no return to battery issues, just pure perfection. Considering that these were all purchased for less than $225 each they fall well into that Bang for the Buck price tag.

I also took my GLOCK 27 which is a .40sw round. I installed a .40sw to 9mm conversion WOLF barrel which was a great disappointment. I have shot this pistol as stock out of the box in .40sw with no problems ever. However today was a total nightmare with jamming, stove piping issues every other round. I gave up after trying 3 different magazines, all of which were GLOCK. Considering that the GLOCK 27 is a sub-compact I am guessing that part of the problem has to do with the guide rod spring.

Last one that made the trip was my EAA Tanfoglio Match .45 which will be on my "Gotta Go List". It's a beautiful weapon, well constructed, perfect fit and finish. I simply can not get used to the sights or the trigger. The sights are all black which I have difficulty lining up on target. The trigger is another issue, I can't tell if it is such a light pull or the curve of the design, but double tap seems to plague me with this firearm.

Who would have thought that out of a blend of firearms that the Taurus would have been the top performers of the day?
    Last edited by jonrjen; 11-07-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Am glad you had a great time

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Good to here about your good time and your son was there also

I feel the the same way about having 2 of the same models , I have a TH9c ( new 809c ) and like it so much that I bought a TH40c . The .40 to carry and the 9mm for the house

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19660 times
    Sounds like a good day at the range.

I completely agree on having more than 1 pistol with the same manual of arms and that sort of thing. I have 2 full size Beretta PX4s and a sub-compact PX4 that are my main use pistols.

Member #
    Liked
    6513 times
    Any day at the range beats a day at work. If I remember correctly any way anyway, been retired for 17 years.
    jonrjen likes this.

Sponsored Links