Fastfire 3 or Viper
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fastfire 3 or Viper

Member #
    Liked
    22 times

Fastfire 3 or Viper

Im looking for a new optic and was wondering if anyone owns either the Burris Fastfire 3 or Vortex Viper. I already have a couple RMRs but I can't really afford to outfit every gun I have with one. Looking at something less expensive but decent quality. I've seen the Fastfires as low as 184.00 and the Vipers as low as 179.99. Any thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    314 times
    Either one should be a decent purchase but if size is a consideration (and I'm not mistaken) the Viper has a smaller footprint then the FF3.
    Other then that, I believe the Viper only comes in a 6moa dot and the FF3 is either a 3 or 8...

Member #
    Liked
    4682 times
    Rifle or pistol? I went with a Vortex Venom on my G2 with a 6 MOA dot for faster acquisition. For a rifle you might want 3 MOA.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    I have a sight mark reflex sight on my msr, along with a sight mark 4x magnifier that can also be pushed to one side. They work great so far and I think I only have a couple hundred invested in both of them.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    This will be for either a Glock 17 or 19.

Member #
    Liked
    11097 times
    I have the Venom mounted on a Rossi R92 levergun in .44Mag. It works well, comes on when you pick it up.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27131 times
    I have the Venom in 3moa on my Raging Hunter in .44 mag. and it's working out much better than I had expected.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    2278 times
    Vortex has a lifetime warranty.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6128 times
    I have to Fastfires. One is an older one and the other is a Fast fire 3. I like them both and don't think that you would go wrong with fast fire. There is a another one that I have started using that might be worth you looking into. It is called a JP sight and it is an amazing piece of technology. All internal parts of the sight are set in a solid block Of synthetic material so it can handle unlimited shock and recoil. It is amazingly light weight only weighing 1/2 of an ounce including the battery. I use them particularly on 22 semi auto pistols where weight on the slide must be kept to a minimum. I also use one on a Glock custom model 22, 40-.357 Sig-9mm- .22LR conversion set.

Good luck with whichever one you choose.

Don
    I see gun control as driving an ambulance to the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Venom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links