Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Funny

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2940 times

Funny

I came across this article while looking for .22 accessories. I suspect this gentleman needs to get out and gain more experience before posting the best .22 pistols for 2019. In my opinion, the Buckmark and S&W 17 have a place here, but not the others. For Giggles, what do you thing should have been on this list?

https://gunnewsdaily.com/best-22-pis...#comment-11990

I personally was surprised not to see any of the Ruger Mk series, especially none of the .22/45 Lite series.

Maloy
    silverstring and 777Driver like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11269 times
    Wow - I agree, the writer, obviously hasn't spent any time with his choices. Oh sure for a kid fun plinker - give em a $1000 SW 17 with a long barrel. Oh and he just had to mention the Mosquito, geez what a knucklehead.
    Desperado and 777Driver like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    A Sig 1911-22 being the best 22 for self defense? Best for the bad guy's safety is what I believe the author meant.

Of all my 22s, and I have a safe full of them, the GSG 1911 needed the most work to become reliable. A Sig is nothing more than a rebranded GSG.

I have to agree about the Buck Mark though. Also, what's up with Cabela's coming up when you click on the "check price" button? Show me any Cabela's sale price and I guarantee I can find it at least 20% less somewhere else.
    Last edited by funflyer; 11-04-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    chefduane and Desperado like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27115 times
    I have a Buckmark and personally I like my Ruger MKIV better. I like my Walther P22 and it's been dependable, but it's a plinker and nowhere near the accuracy of the Ruger. I can't speak on the others, but I will say my favorite .22 handgun of all time was a 4" Colt Diamondback.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    My favorite .22 cal --- Ruger Single Six -- for the last 40 years
    william likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5286 times
    Heh. Yeah, I own an ATI GSG/SIG 1911-22 and while I really enjoy it for plinking and running the 1911 platform, I would NEVER consider it for CCW. Not enough caliber to be considered for self defense (IMHO) and a bit too big for me for concealment. Great gun but certainly not for SD or even the best 1911-22 for that matter. Excellent value for the money but there are better and higher quality (yet more costly) 1911-22's out there.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33381 times
    S&W SW22 Victory should be there as well as the Ruger Single Six.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2636 times
    ...and no PT22 or TX22 either!

Seriously, though, I like the looks of that Sig 1911-22. I've seen several of those 1911 style 22's, but one thing I don't understand is the small capacity. To me, one reason to have a full size .22 is to have a couple dozen rounds. If I can buy a compact .45 (PT24/7 G2C) that has a 10 round magazine, why can't they fit a 20 round magazine (or more) in to a 1911 frame? If I recall, the TX22 has a 17 round magazine. To me, that should be an advantage of these big frame .22's but it doesn't seem to be the case.
    BigBlue likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7862 times
    This person has some clue to what he is doing with the SR22, but otherwise gets lost in an outhouse without GPS otherwise.
    Here are my choices, as they are:

Best Value .22: Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/.22WMR convertible. For less than $200 in most places, you get a great plinker with the added benefit of .22WMR when you want to take care of a varmit or two. This one was SO easy to pick.

Best .22: Good Lord, I have has so many that could take this title, and yet one or the other would be just as good as each other. If you ever shot a Dan Wesson .22, I would consider this the top rung of the ladder. Otherwise Ruger single action .22s are great, the Heritage Rough Rider is fine, and the old S&W K-22 and it later model replacements are okay.

And yes, in .22LR/.22WMR, I prefer a revolver to a semi-auto.
    777Driver likes this.
    You can call it a "impeachment inquiry" or anything else under the sun.
    Personally, there are only two ways to describe what House Democrats are doing:

Sedition, and a coup.

Plain and simple.

Member #
    Liked
    1125 times
    I love his statement:

"It is true, undoubtedly, that getting hit by a .22 round is unlikely to kill anyone."

Undoubtedly? Really? So you wouldn't mind getting shot with a .22?
    How about getting stabbed with an icepick; isn't that about the same?
    Desperado and Rotorflyr like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links