Ding!! Ding!!! Ding!!! We have a DARWIN Award winner!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Ding!! Ding!!! Ding!!! We have a DARWIN Award winner!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    3405 times
    Well, guess that's one more out of the gene pool.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    This says it all
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Two Revolvers every day all day

Member #
    Liked
    3985 times
    I guess he had one of the many models of shotgun that allow for slam fire operation. Seems to be working as intended.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    They can have them illegally, but not legally.
    Oh dear... than I'd better get rid of my four licenced rifles, six licenced shotguns and two licenced pistols eh.

It is a misconception that 'guns' are banned in GB.

Firstly you need to be aware that Great Britain and the United Kingdom are not the same thing. GB encompasses the whole of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland AND the smaller islands like the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man (where I live).

Secondly, the UK is made up, only, of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Lastly, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands are classed as Crown Dependencies. We have our own laws, language, culture, health and education systems, tax systems etc. So when handguns were banned in the UK in 1997 the law didn't extend to the likes of the Crown Dependencies.

It's also worth pointing out that, in the UK in general, there are three criteria for firearms ownership. 1. Deer stalking. 2. Pest and vermin control. 3. Target shooting. Most people will be a member of a club, the chances of getting a licence for target shooting would be nil unless you had club membership; and your membership details and club secretary's name would be expected to included in your licence application form.

There are certain anomalies relating to firearms ownership. They are covered in two sections of legislation. Firstly Section 1 covers all small-bore and full-bore rifles (I wont go into long barrelled pistols here..) from .17HMR to .50BMG. Your licence isn't 'open-ended', you apply for a firearms certificate (FAC) and you are licenced FOR EACH CALIBRE you apply for.
    With Section 2 firearms it is different. This covers ALL shotguns and is your Shotgun Certificate (SGC). To be considered as a Section 2 gun it MUST only be capable of a capacity of no more than THREE cartridges. In either an O/U or side by side shotgun this isn't a problem, but with either semi-auto or pump action it means you can have only two in the mag and one in the chamber. A capacity of more than 2+1 means it's considered a 'firearm' and MUST be on your FAC. Only people engaged in serious pest control or practical shotgun competition will be considered for this.

Whilst you guys head off out to the store and fill your trucks with ammo, we are not so lucky. Your FAC will tell you how much ammo you can both buy and, legally, hold for each calibre at any time. For example: I can 'hold' 1000 rounds of .22LR, but I can only buy 900 rounds. I can 'hold' 250 rounds of 9mm and .357/.38 but I can only buy 200 rounds..!! And ALL firearms ammo MUST be stored, locked away, from the firearms.

Until quite recently, but for a long time, even ammunition was 'restricted'. Again there was Section 1 ammo which covered most if not all FMJ type rounds, Sierra Match being extremely popular with target shooters. But expanding ammo was classed as Section 5 and you only got that IF you had deer stalking as a condition on your FAC. Some pin stripe suited government numpty thought expanding ammo to be more dangerous to the general public than good old FMJ..!!! But that's gone now, not that it matters to me as there is nothing bigger on this island than mountain hare to shoot at..!!

You win some and you loose some.. Hope this explanation helps.
    Shotgun ammo is different, I can buy and hold up to 10,000 cartridges.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    6549 times
    You don't have to have a high IQ to be a criminal.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    How do you delete a post on this site?
    Last edited by jljones; 10-31-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    ManxTom, Come to Alabama, we'll do some real shooting

Member #
    Liked
    8726 times
    What went through his mind? A shotgun blast is what.

Member #
    Liked
    782 times
    Well that saved the U.K. lots of money.

By the way, how is gun control working with unarmed cops?

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jljones View Post
    ManxTom, Come to Alabama, we'll do some real shooting
    I'm hoping, one day, to get to Knob Creek.. but, in the meantime, we visit with friends in Louisiana and Mississippi and have fun there. This time last year I was having a lot of fun with a full auto AR.. and a lot of other stuff, including a good few pounds of Tannerite..!!
    Rotorflyr likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links