Man shot with his own gun while confronting the thieves - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Man shot with his own gun while confronting the thieves

Member #
    Liked
    1985 times
    Life is hard, but it is even harder when you're stupid.
    Marion Morris

Member #
    Liked
    3667 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    It really is amazing in this day and age, the number of people that will leave a vehicle unlocked. And it’s not only guns that they leave, but wallets, purses, credit cards, and everything else imaginable..
    When I was in high school, our school thug (yes, we had a school thug, and everyone knew who he was, even the parents) would break into cars even if there was nothing valuable visible, literally just for practice. He'd take your radio knobs.

So I always lock my car.

I can't fathom any good reason why someone would leave his gun in a car in an apartment parking lot. Every reason I can think of brings up a "well, the heck with that, I'll just go home" reaction in my head.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28872 times
    I recently bought a handgun lock box for my car. It's the type that has a cable that gets looped around your seat bracket. I don't see that I'll use it that much as my gun is almost always with me. I recently got chosen for Federal jury duty and have to drive into Philadelphia for it. There is no way that I could possibly take a handgun into the Federal building so I'm stuck with either going through Philly unarmed or lock the gun in the lock box in my car. Even with an alarm and the lock box I don't feel the gun is totally safe.
    WoodyUSSLUCE and bjrjar like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2843 times
    I have a similar lock box. I was kinda squirrely at first- but now do not hesitate to use it.
    I slip mine under the seat so it can not be seen, and no one knows it there anyway.
    BigBlue and bjrjar like this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    In Philadelphia, if your gun is stolen out of your car, even if it was unloaded and in a lock box, and you report it stolen, your concealed carry license will be revoked on the grounds that leaving it unattended constitutes irresponsible firearms use. Since you can't carry into schools, government buildings, courthouses, post offices etc., if you leave your house for any of those destinations you can't take your gun with you in the car without risking the loss of your concealed carry permit. Oh and by the way, it's the law that stolen guns must be reported so if you fail to report it and it later turns up somewhere, not only will your permit be revoked but you will be prosecuted for the failure to report.

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watchamacallit View Post
    In Philadelphia, if your gun is stolen out of your car, even if it was unloaded and in a lock box, and you report it stolen, your concealed carry license will be revoked on the grounds that leaving it unattended constitutes irresponsible firearms use. Since you can't carry into schools, government buildings, courthouses, post offices etc., if you leave your house for any of those destinations you can't take your gun with you in the car without risking the loss of your concealed carry permit. Oh and by the way, it's the law that stolen guns must be reported so if you fail to report it and it later turns up somewhere, not only will your permit be revoked but you will be prosecuted for the failure to report.
    It looks like Philly is continuing its slide, into becoming NYC south.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32421 times
    One of the things I dislike about the 2004 F150 I bought recently is the lack of a lock on the glovebox. I need to get a little pistol safe to bolt down in it. I never worried about it in the past since I rarely went anywhere I need to disarm for. But, I seem to find myself in hospitals and doctor's offices a lot lately.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Harbor freight sells the locking gun boxes now.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NativeTexan and BigBlue like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links