So, I know a guy....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: So, I know a guy....

Member #
    Liked
    19432 times

So, I know a guy....

So I know a guy who has a revolver he is looking to sell. He ordered it new and has done nothing more with it than look at it and show it to me.

My problem is that I have been really really good this year in not buying anything new in the way of firearms (long or short). And in all practicality this would not make any sense for me to purchase. It's not like I have a need for it. It's too darn big to carry as a concealed carry weapon of choice. Would be impressive to carry as a out side carry choice, but it would more than likely pull my britches down unless I grabbed a pair of suspenders or shoulder holster.

And we don't see any large animals like bear or buffalo around here unless you go to the zoo or a local animal preserve.

But, the price is good at just under $500 for a new Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull 6 1/2" stainless (not the real stainless, but the Taurus stainless steel look coated finish).

What to do, What to do?

Member #
    Liked
    22583 times
    Oh just buy it.. of course you'll need a fancy BBQ rig to carry it in.....
    777Driver and jonrjen like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    Unless you reload, 454 Casull ammo is expensive. I have that same pistol. Remember, it also shoots 45 Long Colt. Offer him $470 (which is probably what he paid).
    jonrjen likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1152 times
    If I only bought the guns I needed, I’d only have one or two guns instead of over a dozen that I have.
    One measure of wealth and freedom is being able to buy something you want, even though you don’t need it.
    If you can get it at a good price, get it.
    You can always sell it later (yeah, right).

Member #
    Liked
    11418 times
    Oh come on, you need it for the coming Zombie squirrel invasion.
    jonrjen and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    29790 times
    You live in TEXAS and ask what should I do about buying a .454?

Hmmm...
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Oh just buy it.. of course you'll need a fancy BBQ rig to carry it in.....
    I've got an under the arm rig. If you attach this puppy to your belt you better be wearing clean BVDs 'cuz folks are going to see 'em.
    Last edited by confused; 10-25-2019 at 01:44 AM.
    jonrjen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19721 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    So I know a guy who has a revolver he is looking to sell. He ordered it new and has done nothing more with it than look at it and show it to me.

My problem is that I have been really really good this year in not buying anything new in the way of firearms (long or short). And in all practicality this would not make any sense for me to purchase. It's not like I have a need for it. It's too darn big to carry as a concealed carry weapon of choice. Would be impressive to carry as a out side carry choice, but it would more than likely pull my britches down unless I grabbed a pair of suspenders or shoulder holster.

And we don't see any large animals like bear or buffalo around here unless you go to the zoo or a local animal preserve.

But, the price is good at just under $500 for a new Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull 6 1/2" stainless (not the real stainless, but the Taurus stainless steel look coated finish).

What to do, What to do?
    There's that word again!

Buy the gun already!
    jonrjen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    939 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    If I only bought the guns I needed, I’d only have one or two guns instead of over a dozen that I have.
    One measure of wealth and freedom is being able to buy something you want, even though you don’t need it.
    If you can get it at a good price, get it.
    You can always sell it later (yeah, right).
    You have a dozen guns?
    Amateur.
    jonrjen, Yissnakk and BangBang like this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46629 times
    I'd pass on it because of the finish, I really dislike the fake stainless finish. Just my 2¢.
    jonrjen and BangBang like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links