• 1 Post By jonrjen
  • 1 Post By mark38090
  • 2 Post By daytonaredeye

Thread: 40 to 9 Conversion Barrel for Glock 23

Member #
    Liked
    320 times

40 to 9 Conversion Barrel for Glock 23

I stumbled onto a YouTube video where the author swapped his .40 factory barrel and installed a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel. He went on to shoot 9mm in his G23 (which I also own) using his .40 mags. and the newly installed 9mm barrel. I searched for Lone Wolf replacement barrels and it looks like most are out of stock.

Has anyone done this barrel swap with a Glock from 40 to 9? Any recommendations on a 9mm conversion barrel other than the Lone Wolf brand?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21290 times
    I’ve ordered several conversion barrels via “GlockStore”. Latest was a Storm Lake 357 Sig barrel for my G23.

https://www.glockstore.com/parts-accessories/barrels
    Tracker627 likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    287 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker627 View Post
    I stumbled onto a YouTube video where the author swapped his .40 factory barrel and installed a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel. He went on to shoot 9mm in his G23 (which I also own) using his .40 mags. and the newly installed 9mm barrel. I searched for Lone Wolf replacement barrels and it looks like most are out of stock.

Has anyone done this barrel swap with a Glock from 40 to 9? Any recommendations on a 9mm conversion barrel other than the Lone Wolf brand?
    I have done it with Lone Wolf brand barrels in a Glock 23 and Glock 27.

You can dine them on The Glock store, Brownells, Midway, eBay, and my least favorite place (antiquated business practices such as selling stuff that is not in stock, poor communication and no good product tracking), Optics Planet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    Tracker627 and ICUKev like this.
    Made for the very serious business of self-preservation - the 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard - in design, fabrication, fit and performance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19578 times
    I own a number of conversion barrels, not only for GLOCK, but also SW, FN, and Bond Arms (the Bond Arms really doesn't count due to design differences). Lone Wolf, EFK Fire Dragon, Storm Lake are the most popular conversion barrels. I have found some great prices on eBay.

On GLOCK I own 40/9mm, 40/357Sig, .45acp/10mm. These are for different models of the GLOCK and as such various length barrels with one of them being ported.

The SW and FN are both 40/357Sig conversions.

The only issue that I have had is on my last trip to the range my GLOCK 27 when using the 40 to 9mm conversion barrel was stove piping and jamming. I think this has to do with the guide spring being too stout for the 9mm ammunition.
    Tracker627 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19578 times
    AS a follow up, the use of 9mm ammunition using the .40 magazine seems to have mixed results via the internet. Some claim perfection while others experience some feeding issues. I guess what I'm saying is that I was carrying a GLOCK with a conversion barrel from 40 to 9mm, I would be sure to be using a magazine designed for 9mm ammunition. Cheap insurance in the long run....heck GLOCK magazine are cheap, Cheap, CHEAP.
    Tracker627 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4863 times
    I have the g27 with a 357sig conversion barrel and it works flawlessly. I've been told if you go to the 9 you should really change mags too.
    jonrjen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3329 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    I have done it with Lone Wolf brand barrels in a Glock 23 and Glock 27.

You can dine them on The Glock store, Brownells, Midway, eBay, and my least favorite place (antiquated business practices such as selling stuff that is not in stock, poor communication and no good product tracking), Optics Planet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    I'll just add Midwayusa is where I found one.
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21290 times
    Here is an article regarding barrel conversions if it helps any.
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...sting-options/
    jonrjen and CDR_Glock like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Sponsored Links