• 2 Post By MOONDAWG
  • 3 Post By JimmyA
  • 1 Post By GreenWolf70

Thread: Camoflage painting

Member #
    Liked
    11097 times

Camoflage painting

If you are like me, you are always looking for a better way to make camo patterns. I have pieces of different size netting that I use, several different sizes that I use for patterning, but I am always looking for something different. Well, I think I just saw it.

Take a sheet of slick plastic and spray it with WD-40 (make sure the WD-40 is spread with out gaps), then lay out your pattern with Elmer's Glue, or one of the hundreds of brands of white glue that dries clear, straight from the bottle. Simply squeeze out lines in the pattern of your choice. If you are worried your freehand pattern is not good enough, lay a piece of paper with your pattern drawn out on it under the shiny clear plastic and follow the lines with the glue. Or just lay a piece of the camo pattern you want to make under that plastic.

If you decide to use Saranwrap, I would make a frame that keeps it tight and flat, and supports it underneath. The plastic needs to be flat so you don't get any bleed through from the glue not being flat. But, any clear shiny plastic sheet will work.

Once the glue dries clear (give it a day to be sure), you can lift it off the plastic, the WD-40 acts as a release agent. This glue dries to a clear, flexible, rubbery, plastic that you can bend around your pieces with ease, and it can be painted over numerous time.

Found this on YouTube:
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 10-19-2019 at 10:08 AM.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    8143 times
    I camo paint all my hunting and trapping stuff, and don't use a pattern - just paint with different shades and it's goodenough for me. I camo to hide traps and feeders from humans, not animals that really don't care.

Member #
    Liked
    22201 times
    My neighbor camo'd his Jeep for hunting last month.
    Now he can't find it.
    MOONDAWG, JimmyA and DeltaBravoKS like this.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    29610 times
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    4034 times
    This is a model I built many years ago. I masked and sprayed the pattern with cans. F-105 Thunderchief.

Name:  F-105.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  177.9 KB

Member #
    Liked
    11097 times
    I usually camo my ARs and then final coat with a satin clear acrylic for a 3D effect that is not shiny.
    darbo likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Sponsored Links