Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Next iteration of "Smart Guns"

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  garyh 
#1 ·
Reactions: JimmyA and kruizer
#5 ·
So, if the gun will be so smart, when a shoot is questionable, the gun gets blamed? Primarily they are anyway, and the shooter second, if it fits an agenda of course.

#12 ·
No need for gun confiscation...they will just turn them off. Of course that will raise the price of firearms to 10 grand each.

Reactions: kschilk
#18 ·
No need to buy one...:unsure:...when you'll prob'ly be able to just pick one up off of a dead guy somewhere.

#14 ·
So, if a comrade in arms falls, and you find yourself in need of his gun, forget it. It won't work. I'm sure soldiers will love that.

Quote from the article - “Whoever gets this right is going to build a massive company.”

I think they said the same thing about cold fusion. :icon_rolleyes:

#15 ·
Meh, they've been talking about this for decades. It'll never happen due to the expenses involved and even if it did, nobody would buy them so they would quickly be dropped.

Worst case scenario, they give Gunsmiths a lot of business as folks come in droves asking for them to be disabled.

Reactions: Flash60601
#19 ·
As I see it, there would be two tiers of weapons: One manufactured for the military and one for the civilian markets. The civilian weapons would have a "back door" built in to permit the weapons to be disabled. There would be mandatory trade-ins required.

Sound pretty tin-foil hatted. And I'm not someone who subscribes to conspiracy theories. But after the government wanted Apple and other tech companies to build "back doors" to let them bypass device encryption, this sounds pretty reasonable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.