New Florida law now in effect.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New Florida law now in effect.

Member #
    Liked
    6031 times

Thumbs up New Florida law now in effect.

I hope all counties here in Florida decide to go with this. In fact, I wish all States would adopt this law.

https://www.firearmdaily.com/florida...s-into-effect/

Don
    darbo, kruizer, kschilk and 6 others like this.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    4629 times
    And I pray to God that no teacher ever has a negligent discharge.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    491 times
    Teachers will generally follow the liberal democrat NEA antigun platform.

I guess I hope they get some training and are responsible. Personally they should be allowed to protect themselves. Of course I think the HR Manager atwork should be allowed to protect himself.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    29516 times
    Since Florida is a "Shall Issue" state, I feel it should have been left up to the individual teachers instead on the "District Bureaucracy".

If they're willing to get the training and take a stand they should be allowed to. Especially in rural counties where LE response times could be as high as 30-45 minutes.
    Desperado likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    2276 times
    I want to be enthusiastic about this, but frankly I just can't see it ending well.

I mean, imagine that a teacher should actually have to use their firearm in self-defense against some wingnut kid who just saw the new Joker movie and decides he's gonna go shoot up the school. How do you suppose the media will spin it, hm? How do you suppose parents will react? They'll probably try to turn the teacher into public enemy number one, and even if they don't succeed, you know that they'll probably gain enough traction to get the law revoked.

I dunno, hopefully I'm just being overly cynical and folks have finally gotten fed up with psycho kids who have absolutely no chance of ever amounting to anything because they voluntarily throw their own futures away the moment they decide to commit mass murder, won't shed a single tear for them, and will hold a parade for the teacher who saved all the school children by putting his/her life at risk to defend them from a complete waste of skin, complete with glowing news reports of their selfless heroism, followed by a feature film starring Liam Neeson based on the story. That's what I'd love to see.
    muddcatt54 likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    6031 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rhugg View Post

I guess I hope they get some training and are responsible. Personally they should be allowed to protect themselves. Of course I think the HR Manager atwork should be allowed to protect himself.

Read the article! Here is a quote from the article concerning necessary training and other conditions teachers in the program have to go through to qualify for the program.....

"The training is 140 hours on a shooting-range, an extensive background check, drug screening, and an exam by a doctor to certify mental fitness. It’s all part of the state’s Guardian Program".

I would probably wager that the vast majority of people on this forum do not have anywhere near 140 hours of formal firearm instruction.

Don
    jtg452 and Aberdog1 like this.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    2737 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Read the article! Here is a quote from the article concerning necessary training and other conditions teachers in the program have to go through to qualify for the program.....

"The training is 140 hours on a shooting-range, an extensive background check, drug screening, and an exam by a doctor to certify mental fitness. It’s all part of the state’s Guardian Program".

I would probably wager that the vast majority of people on this forum do not have anywhere near 140 hours of formal firearm instruction.

Don
    I don't know about the vast majority but I do.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    1695 times
    This is only a partially good thing. I do not agree with the invasive medical things (see article) they force them into in order to be allowed to carry in the "special building" known as a school. Criminals do not have to do the same, and they carry where ever they want to.
    230JHP likes this.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Member #
    Liked
    491 times
    140 hrs etc, etc and some will be better than police. If schools feel they need armed guards then this could be a discount and actually be a better result. Still it is probably just a lot of posturing with little results. Maybe just telling the bad guys it isn't a safe zone helps. But the really bad guys plan on death anyway. We will see, the leftist districts have already made themselves targets when they could have just been silent. But once again truth and results dont matter.

Kind of liken the bear story, I don't have to be faster than the bear...just you.
    230JHP likes this.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2882 times
    Ohio allows this, and quite a few teachers I know got the training and are packing.

Maloy

Quote Originally Posted by rhugg View Post

230JHP likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links