New Florida law now in effect. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New Florida law now in effect.

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    It is a good thing, and I for one ain't wringing my hands in worry, about some teacher having an AD or showing their gun. If it happens then it happens; but that is still better than leaving the school wide open to assaults by shooters.

Member #
    Liked
    913 times
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    kschilk likes this.
    Guns have only 2 enemies, rust and politicians.
    You don't shoot to kill, you shoot to stay alive.
    Assault is a behavior not a device, 69,997,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    At some point, even the most anti-gun educator MUST realize that a 'GUN FREE ZONE' sign protects no one. If not, they shouldn't be called educators.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy46 View Post
    At some point, even the most anti-gun educator MUST realize that a 'GUN FREE ZONE' sign protects no one. If not, they shouldn't be called educators.
    Most school districts depend on the law of averages for student protection.

Despite the media and liberal hype, the incidence of school shootings is very low, so schools play the odds that there won't be a shooting, and if there is it won't be at their school.

The signs are there because the school district sees frothing liberals as more of a problem than school shooters.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    3594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg1835 View Post
    I'm just waiting for the anti's to say "That's a good plan, in fact, we think ANYONE who wants to conceal carry should be held to the same standards ....". Whenever they loose a little ground, they try to turn things around.

I had an anti gunner say something similar to me in Ohio, that CC's should have the same number of range hours that a cop has to have. I replied that most of the LE training are things like vehicle stops, etc, that don't apply to civilians. I then tried to compromise with the person and said, "but assuming you do require civilians to have the same training as cops, are you going to allow civilians to carry everyplace cops are allowed to carry?" This would basically nullify the so called no guns zones for civilians, because LE is exempt from them. Of course the answer was no. For an anti gunner compromise means
    You do what I want now, I give you nothing in return. Later on when what you caved in on doesn't work, I will ask for even more.

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    My county, Nassau, had the School Superintendent say no. Not arming teachers.
    Now, our sheriff has to come up with additional money if we are to have more than one officer per school.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, AMVETS, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Member #
    Liked
    314 times
    IIRC OH, like some other States that (now) allow staff to be armed on campus, leave it up to the individual school boards to make the decision as to if the staff can carry or not

Member #
    Liked
    6142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    IIRC OH, like some other States that (now) allow staff to be armed on campus, leave it up to the individual school boards to make the decision as to if the staff can carry or not
    In Florida each individual county has the choice of whether they would like to sign on to the armed teacher program or not to sign on. The difference here in Florida is if the county signed on to the project the state maintains what they feel is adequate training and there is state money available to participating counties to help pay for training, equipment, and whatever else is necessary.

The state here actually passed a law that set up and maintains the arm a teacher program across the entire state. So far half of the counties in Florida have chosen to participate and put armed teachers in the classroom.

Don
    I see gun control as driving an ambulance to the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links