New Florida law now in effect. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New Florida law now in effect.

Member #
    Liked
    17600 times
    Allowing those who want to, to carry, on a voluntary bases, and making sure they have some training, just seems like a good idea to me.

How many teachers have died protecting the kids they teach, how about allowing them a chance to live for them instead.
    "Let's get on our knees and pray. I don't know to whom. Is there a patron saint of ballistics?"-Adam Savage
    Its never wrong, it just hasn't been fixed right yet. -TSH

If Guns Kill People. I guess Pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk & Spoons make people fat.....

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I for one am glad this went into effect. In Louisiana the schools are responsible for your child’s safety until they walk through the door at home. And they throw that up in your face when it benefits they. With proper training I think it will be a good thing to have teachers who are trained in firearm safety, firearm use, and tactical crises situation training. Now will they have that training, probably not. This is the government and school boards, who have a rep for half assing everything to save a dollar. Again just my honest opinion.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute
    to the security of his community,
    is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    My County "Opted Out". My students and I are at the mercy of 1 SRO being able to take down a potential mass-murderer. Didn't work out too well for Parkland, did it? As a concealed carrier permit holder, I feel I should be allowed to participate in this State approved program. Unfortunately, our School Board Members disagree.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I love the way they say that the high population areas have good police response so no armed teachers are needed. As I recall the big Florida school shooting, the police did not enter the school until the gunman had had plenty of time to kill the kids. Great response. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/04/u...-peterson.html

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I like the idea of teachers being allowed to carry in school. However, I'm not crazy about them having to take all that training. Who's to say what the level of training is? I would think if the state govt gets involved, they'd overcomplicate things. Just my 2¢. I like to keep things simple. Those that choose to carry should do so with the understanding that they are responsible for whatever happens with their firearm. Wether they be in a school or a grocery store or where ever. I take it upon myself to keep up on the current laws pertaining to firearms and ccw in my state. I continue to get professional training when I can. No one forces me to do this. I do it on my own.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

GXW
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie21 View Post
    I like the idea of teachers being allowed to carry in school. However, I'm not crazy about them having to take all that training. Who's to say what the level of training is? I would think if the state govt gets involved, they'd overcomplicate things. Just my 2¢. I like to keep things simple. Those that choose to carry should do so with the understanding that they are responsible for whatever happens with their firearm. Wether they be in a school or a grocery store or where ever. I take it upon myself to keep up on the current laws pertaining to firearms and ccw in my state. I continue to get professional training when I can. No one forces me to do this. I do it on my own.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    I've heard that the level of firearms training is beyond that required for standard policemen.

GXW
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Doesn't make any difference if the libs don't approve it… it's already the law here in Florida.

Don
    Since it is a county option, the locals can still have their say.

Member #
    Liked
    6034 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GXW View Post
    Since it is a county option, the locals can still have their say.

Not so, the county has the option to either join the program or not. Once they decide to join the program they have no power to change the state mandated training requirements.

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26986 times
    Personally, I'd like to see a law that says no one, no place and no thing can limit your right to self protection anywhere within the United States. I don't like having to leave my rights at the door of a local, state or federal public buildings, if I wish to enter, and furthermore I'd like to be able to cross any state's border with my right to keep and bear arms intact. Matter of fact maybe some law could be enacted about not infringing on anyone's right to keep and bear arms.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I'm just waiting for the anti's to say "That's a good plan, in fact, we think ANYONE who wants to conceal carry should be held to the same standards ....". Whenever they loose a little ground, they try to turn things around.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links