Liked
    3988 times
    Can I go next time?
    Peacemakr40 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jspdrcrmach5 View Post
    Pull over Sir, this is the grammar police, You said accessed as in to utilize when I think You meant assessed as in to evaluate.
    I'll let You off with a warning this time.
    thank you saved me some typing!---
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peacemakr40 and jspdrcrmach5 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotline View Post
    Dang Grammar Nazis!!!! Just like my 3rd Grade teacher, they're everywhere!!! FWIW, I do believe you are correct, sir!!!

Blame it on Spill Chalk!!!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6430 times
    Sounds like a good day at the range and anew shoot added to the ranks. glad you included all the safety needed also.

Member #
    Liked
    21900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Sounds like a good day at the range and anew shoot added to the ranks. glad you included all the safety needed also.
    It was really a fun day I had to put a few rounds down range because... well I was at a gun range IN a lane with guns. he's really a quick study. It might be because he didn't want to screw up right there in front of his FIL, but I was impressed with his skill and etiquette. His ability to aim properly and put new information into practice was comforting to see. He does have a FPS (first person shooter)gamer background so that would explain his choice for headshots to start off.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    It was really a fun day I had to put a few rounds down range because... well I was at a gun range IN a lane with guns. he's really a quick study. It might be because he didn't want to screw up right there in front of his FIL, but I was impressed with his skill and etiquette. His ability to aim properly and put new information into practice was comforting to see. He does have a FPS (first person shooter)gamer background so that would explain his choice for headshots to start off.

many times its easier to teach a complete newbie than a somewhat experienced shooter that has already formed so many bad faults!
    The Newbie is usually a bit apprehensive of what they do with a gun, while inexperienced/ experienced shooter can be set in their ways and even dangerous in what they DON'T Know!
    Peacemakr40 likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20407 times
    So, you fellers think you can insure that proper language is used?
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    29539 times
    Never neglect to inform your SIL that you have a shotgun and a shovel and know how to use both.

It makes for peace and harmony...
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    It's a very good idea, methinks, to spend time with the new sons- or daughters-in-law if you have shooters in the family.
    We ORDERED our sons to marry ONLY gun-savvy ladies, or spend all time necessary teaching them.
    They succeeded.
    Two of the ladies are hunters and one gets her deer every year. The other is busy raising our grandsons.
    One asked for a specific gun for their wedding anniversary. We got it for her: A Desert Eagle .50AE! She's a former fashion model so when she lines up at the ranges she has a lot of attention, and NOT on the gun.
    I wanted to upload a slo-mo video of her shooting a full-auto Thompson. Awesome concentration and muzzle control.

Third one is more reluctant, but the nature of her employment has rekindled her interest in self-defense shooting.

Member #
    Liked
    21900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker View Post
    It's a very good idea, methinks, to spend time with the new sons- or daughters-in-law if you have shooters in the family.
    We ORDERED our sons to marry ONLY gun-savvy ladies, or spend all time necessary teaching them.
    They succeeded.
    Two of the ladies are hunters and one gets her deer every year. The other is busy raising our grandsons.
    One asked for a specific gun for their wedding anniversary. We got it for her: A Desert Eagle .50AE! She's a former fashion model so when she lines up at the ranges she has a lot of attention, and NOT on the gun.
    I wanted to upload a slo-mo video of her shooting a full-auto Thompson. Awesome concentration and muzzle control.

Third one is more reluctant, but the nature of her employment has rekindled her interest in self-defense shooting.
    Any time that you can light that spark in safe responsible gun ownership and usage, it needs to be lit and gently fanned. For me, it was more a case of knowing I won't live forever and someone's going to have to take that responsibility of protecting her and the home. He comes from a good family and they don't shy away from firearms so he may not have had that full on love of firearms, but more of a dormant desire. I'm just lightly fanning that desire so it remains burning in his heart. My daughter on the other hand is more a crossbow/archery kinda gal. I figure "Hey, at least it's a shooting sport".
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links