Nearly had a heart spell.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Nearly had a heart spell..

Member #
    Liked
    569 times
    Mine has an electronic keypad. It also has a backup key to use in case the electronic lock dies.

I learned not to use store brand batteries in it. Once I replaced the battery with a brand new store brand battery, and it refused to work. Went to the store and bought an Energizer - Bingo!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1592 times
    ^^^^^^^^ Have the same. Have 2 keys just in case. One hidden and one locked in another safe. That reminds me my batteries are due for replacement.

Member #
    Liked
    26966 times
    HMM, so thats what those funny looking key thangies were for, and the manual to explain all that stuff?
    One in my other safe, and one in my deposit box at the bank,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whichfinger View Post
    Do what I do and keep the manual in the safe.

Exactly just put it right under the emergency key so you won't lose it!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    26966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Just make sure you keep a copy of the combination somewhere safe...but not IN the safe...
    exactly!
    I place that on the front of the safe so I won't lose it and if I need to use it then its really handy there!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    boz likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2263 times
    I have a combination combination lock. It has dual capabilities of electronics and manual tumblers, with different combinations for both. It turns out the electronics won't function outside a certain temperature range, so in the coldest days of the year I gotta spin the dial.

Member #
    Liked
    3991 times
    Our safe is manual. Maybe easy for an expert to crack but it always opens for me!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    Having a new gun in hand I went to the safe to draw out a similar model for a comparison. The LaGard keypad beeped normally, but the safe wouldn't open. ARRRGH! I change the battery out every six months... so it can't be that right? I pull the battery and it registers at nearly nine volts. After replacing it with new one. Same scenario, six beeps followed by two. Great, but it's still locked up tight.

Each time I walked by that safe whilst searching for its elusive manual, I applied the combo to no avail. After two days of this nonsense, I finally drove to the hardware emporium and purchased some new Duracells. Cheapest of the name brands at $4.95 apiece. I bought a value 4 pack for $14.95.

After changing out the battery again, it opened on the first try. Blood and grommet pressures went down immediately.

Never found the safe manual. I must've put it somewhere really safe.
    Went to move so put my handheld GPS where I knew I could find it. 4 years later.
    Lomax and whichfinger like this.

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    It has been a surprise to me to find that the brand of battery can make a difference in some cases. We have two grandsons with us at least one day a week, and they have a number of toys that use batteries.
    Duracell or Energizers have been our primary purchase, but a local store had Rayovac red top for significantly less. As we used them, we realized they did not last even half what the others did. Anything with a motor ran out of juice way early. My Streamlight Stylus Pro ate them up, too.
    So, back to what works.
    william likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Another mechanical only here. In case of EMP...
    I did note once, that the tumblers seemed to have problems with the full combo, so nowadays I just turn the dial a few notches over.
    boz likes this.
    Powder smoke: The smell of FREEDOM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links