What About Lives SAVED By Guns Each Year?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: What About Lives SAVED By Guns Each Year?

Member #
    Liked
    122 times

What About Lives SAVED By Guns Each Year?

The dominant news you hear every day is how some psycho went nuts and killed X-number of people with an "assault rifle", therefore they should all be confiscated as well as all guns with magazines of higher than 10 capacity like California. If real truth was told, the left side would do away with the 2nd amendment and quickly ban all guns and gun ownership.

Yesterday I started a thread about how 3 teenage criminal thugs were attempting to rob some men at a private residence early in the morning and ended up biting the dust themselves because a gun was used to thwart their efforts and save lives of innocent people.

It got me to thinking about how many lives are SAVED by guns each year, either reported and confirmed or go unreported and unconfirmed.

I found a couple of websites that do have some stats but I'm sure there are a lot more incidents that go unreported or skewed by the mainstream media to not give credit to guns SAVING lives, which is what all of us are interested in doing for our loved ones and ourselves.

Here are a couple of websites with info. If you find more, please add to it along with newspaper articles in your town or state where guns saved lives.

https://americangunfacts.com/

https://www.capitalismmagazine.com/2...trollers-care/
    darbo, BigBlue, kschilk and 6 others like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26989 times
    Unfortunately it rarely even becomes part of the discussion. Thanks for posting it!
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Unfortunately it rarely even becomes part of the discussion. Thanks for posting it!
    Absolutely it rarely even becomes part of the discussion. Maybe WE should be making a big stink about it. Look at the incident yesterday where 3 teenager criminals went bye-bye. How will it go down in the books and what will the gun grabbers pounce on...three teens killed by gunfire from resident. NOT four saved from death or injury by gun wielding teens.

The punk thug Trayvon Martin was killed, murdered by a gun. Not George Zimmerman saved by gun he was carrying that Martin was trying to gain control of to kill Zimmerman.

How about...On August 9, 2014, Michael Brown Jr., an 18-year-old African American man, was fatally shot by 28-year-old white Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the city of Ferguson, Missouri. Recently Kamala Harris referred to the incident as Brown was MURDERED! Are you kidding me?!! And her creepy self is in the Senate and attempting to run for the Presidency?

How about Darren Wilson's life was saved with his Department issued .40 caliber pistol as Michael Brown was attempting to gain control of it from Wilson to kill him and then later to kill Wilson any way he could.
    WoodyUSSLUCE and BigBlue like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22351 times
    Not to mention that the incident you mentioned in the other post gets counted in both the "gun violence" figures and the "mass shooting" count.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Facts, truth, and little things like the Constitution have no place in the debate. It's common sense and you're a racist if you disagree. How do people not know these things? Didn't they go to school and get indoctrinated?

Member #
    Liked
    5442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    Facts, truth, and little things like the Constitution have no place in the debate. It's common sense and you're a racist if you disagree. How do people not know these things? Didn't they go to school and get indoctrinated?
    Clearly time for some re-education camps.

My way-left liberal stepson was over a couple months ago.

He at one point was talking about why they have to round up all the guns. Little while
    later he was talking about revolution and getting America back from the racist conservatives.

I just smiled. Logic like that, they can't lose.

All the Best,
    D. White
    Last edited by dwhite; 09-18-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Not to mention that the incident you mentioned in the other post gets counted in both the "gun violence" figures and the "mass shooting" count.
    Good points. Easy to see how the numbers can get skewed very quickly to the point where gun grabbers have an easy case to pounce on and we have nothing to fight back with.

Member #
    Liked
    6426 times
    Truth to be told, talking about the good that comes from the 2nd does not fit their agenda.

Member #
    Liked
    7047 times
    Since facts have rarely been part of the anti-Constitutionalist agenda, something as difficult to quantify as the cost-benefit trade-off of guns in a free society has no way of getting traction.

Besides, it doesn’t create good headlines, doesn’t provide a rationale for more government control, and people who have been saved by a well-deserved killing don’t get crowds together to publicly go after the relatives of the person who committed the original assault, demanding justice. And if they did, the media would likely portray it as unreasonable, racist (if possible), and vendetta-driven.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    33533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post
    Since facts have rarely been part of the anti-Constitutionalist agenda, something as difficult to quantify as the cost-benefit trade-off of guns in a free society has no way of getting traction.

Besides, it doesn’t create good headlines, doesn’t provide a rationale for more government control, and people who have been saved by a well-deserved killing don’t get crowds together to publicly go after the relatives of the person who committed the original assault, demanding justice. And if they did, the media would likely portray it as unreasonable, racist (if possible), and vendetta-driven.
    That's only because I haven't had to shoot somebody yet. If I ever do, you can bet I will be suing their family and estate (if there is one) for mental distress and anything else I can come up with, because they forced me to take a life. They can call me racist all they want because for what the term now infers, it's a badge I would wear most proudly.
    WoodyUSSLUCE and Desperado like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links