What About Lives SAVED By Guns Each Year? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: What About Lives SAVED By Guns Each Year?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33262 times
    Many times, just the display of a firearm has possibly saved lives. But unless shots are fired, you’ll in most cases never even hear about it.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    Facts, truth, and little things like the Constitution have no place in the debate. It's common sense and you're a racist if you disagree. How do people not know these things? Didn't they go to school and get indoctrinated?

WELL now in my defense I went to school during the integration era so I was busy throwing rocks, setting crosses on fire and getting my white uniform and pointy hat cleaned. so I really didn't have time to get indoctrinated by the teachers!
    besides guns are evil they have no useful purpose!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27020 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    Facts, truth, and little things like the Constitution have no place in the debate. It's common sense and you're a racist if you disagree. How do people not know these things? Didn't they go to school and get indoctrinated?
    The facts and the truth don't support their agenda so they must be distorted and trampled. All they care about is disarming Americans so they can shred our Constitution without the fear of patriotic reprisals. How many of us took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic? Those words carry little weight by an unarmed populace.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    The facts and the truth don't support their agenda so they must be distorted and trampled. All they care about is disarming Americans so they can shred our Constitution without the fear of patriotic reprisals. How many of us took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic? Those words carry little weight by an unarmed populace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    I remember something someone said in my college physics class that stuck. He said “When the facts dispute the theory, they must be thrown out!”

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    BigBlue, 230JHP and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5878 times
    We all know all of this is hypocrisy at it's finest. SO what do they call a mass shooting? Two or three people involved? So 95% of mass shootings are drug lords fighting it out. Nobody mentions that. Oh and these shootouts are occurring in the areas with the toughest gun laws imaginable. Nobody mentions that.

I just read an article that points out there were 53 "mass shooting" related deaths last month. It also pointed out that in the same month 40,00 people died from obesity related illnesses. It doesn't add but I will that there are over 70,00 opioid related deaths every year. Who's working on that?
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20405 times
    I wish that instead of pointing out some mass shooter killed a bunch’a people that they would say “so and so” is facing “x number” of murder charges. Bring the illegality of the act back into the highlight and leave the people guessing as to how they did it.

Like “Colonel Mustard did it in the WalMart in the hardware section”.
    230JHP and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    3570 times
    Here's a site.

You can read the text, or dl the podcast

https://www.selfdefensegunstories.com/
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Many times, just the display of a firearm has possibly saved lives. But unless shots are fired, you’ll in most cases never even hear about it.
    I can't remember how many times I put my hand on my pistol in the holster as a LEO and just stood there waiting on the person to back down. They did every time. How many others as former LEO's had that happen in there career. I never did put that in a field report either. You just saved lives by letting someone know you were ready to draw and shoot to kill, and not ready to back down. My two cents.
    Smokewagon, pegasus and BigBlue like this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Absolutely. In the first link I provided in this thread https://americangunfacts.com/ - 3/5 polled felons say they won’t mess with an armed victim.

If the criminals are saying it themselves, who do we believe. THEM or Beto O'Rourke and Chuckie Schumer?
    Smokewagon, pegasus and BigBlue like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links