Mom accidentally shoots daughter coming home from college in the middle of the night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Mom accidentally shoots daughter coming home from college in the middle of the night

Member #
    Liked
    3496 times

Mom accidentally shoots daughter coming home from college in the middle of the night

https://www.whio.com/news/national/ohio ... =cb_widget

The antis will probably try to misuse this incident, but the facts are the daughter is extremely stupid and lacks any common sense. (although I guess a lot of 18 yr olds are that way. She's very lucky to be alive and that her injury wasn't more serious.

GIRARD, Ohio — A college student who returned to her Ohio home for a surprise visit is recovering after her mother accidentally shot her, police said.

According to WFMJ-TV, authorities responded to the Girard home the night of Aug. 30 after the boyfriend of the 18-year-old victim called 911.

"My girlfriend just came home from college and her mom didn't know, like, honestly – she accidentally shot her, and we don't know what to do," he told the dispatcher, the news station reported.

Girard police told WFMJ that the mother, who wasn't expecting a visitor and is licensed to carry a concealed weapon, was frightened after hearing noises inside the house. Thinking an intruder was nearby, she grabbed her revolver and opened fire as someone rushed into her bedroom, WJW-TV reported.

That person was actually the woman's daughter, who was shot in the elbow, authorities told WJW. Emergency responders took the teen to a nearby hospital, where she was treated and later released, WFMJ reported.

Member #
    Liked
    26802 times
    yea many times people don't think before doign stuff.
    I remember back a few years ago one of our adult daughters spent the night, the Wife and i have been empty nesters for several years.
    early in the morning I saw/was awaken by a light coming through the house, like a flash light, it approached our bedroom door, I had reached and placed my hand on my gun when i heard our Dughter say MOMMA- MOMMA, Trina ( one of our other daughters) wants to talk to you.
    this was about 1 in the morning and she was using the light from her cell phone to see how to walk through the house!
    man talk about a young lady sitting down and getting a stern taking to.
    I was mad as hell that I could have shot her. Dumb-dumb-dumb!
    Like turn on the darned lights IF you need to awake me, call out our names, what is so important at 1 in the morning that your sister needs to talk to your mom??
    GEEEZ! you love em to death but damn!
    Last edited by olfarhors; 09-11-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    4544 times
    Nope, no accident. Shot her on purpose. I guess it's fortunate the mom was such a poor shot.
    jtg452, 230JHP, Konyo312 and 1 others like this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7526 times
    Hmmmmmm..... , yes daughter is stupid but even tho mom was legal was stupid too ! I believe it’s taught that in that same situation the legal person could have announced they have a gun and will shoot you . This gives the perpetrators a chance to leave without being shot . Had the mom did this the daughter might not have been shot . Now i know alot of ppl would shoot to kill but then you have to deal with it through court and emotions . But if the perpetrator left then they might know better that to try that particular house again knowing they could be shot and maybe the police could catch the perpetrator down the road .

Now don't underestimate me , if there is a threat one should take precautions and defend ones self , but do it correctly and safely !!
    230JHP likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31266 times
    Man....that's terrible. My kids joke about not coming around my house unannounced, or in the middle of the night, they say there are better ways to die than that. You should definitely let your kids know that you're armed and shooting anything or anyone coming through the door after you go to bed.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2824 times
    My nephew came home drunk and tried to kick in the back door around 2:30am about a year ago. He was mad he couldn't get his key in the lock. I woke up, went to the door with a pistol low and ready.

When I turned on the porch light and he seen me at the door, he turned pale and sick. Even though he didn't see the pistol, he knew he had nearly screwed up. He knows I carry, and answer the door that way at night. I've lit some of his friends late at night up with my TL1 Stream light. They don't belong on our porch after midnight howling and pounding on the door. They no longer come around after 9pm or dark. I'm talking about mid 20's to early 30's for these kids.

When I let him in, he started stammering saying he was sorry about a dozen times, all I said was, "Quiet, make no noise going to your room, go to bed, and it would be best not show himself before noon." He still gets drunk, but we've never had a repeat of that. He'll spend the night where he partied if he's as drunk as he was that night.

Maloy
    Konyo312, 230JHP and Flash60601 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    155 times
    know your target...
    230JHP and Taurus1965 like this.
    JoeyS
    Gun Owner/Operator

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyS View Post
    know your target...
    I think she did!

I agree with NotSo...this was no accident, just mistaken identity.

When I moved to the big city (Wichita) I bought a gun. I had a friend (from Washington DC) who was coming to visit one evening and stay the night. He never showed up (no cell phones then) and I went to bed and fell asleep. About 11 pm I was awakened when I heard someone rustling at the door (I had given him a key the weekend before) and went to the door with my DWA .357 that I kept loaded on the floor beside the bed. He was having trouble getting the door unlocked, so I had time to get to the door and look in the peephole. Once I saw it was him I ran back and put the gun away, then went back to greet him at the door.

Even though he's from DC, he'd have messed his pants if I had greeted him with a gun. I don't really remember if I had ever shared that story with him.

That gun was loaded beside the bed for years, until my first kid was born. Then it went to the top shelf of the closet. Once she could walk, it was unloaded and it (and all my guns) now sit unloaded in safes. My how times have changed.
    Konyo312 and 230JHP like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Hand held flashlight...........!and like JoeyS said.
    230JHP and Konyo312 like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19881 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Man....that's terrible. My kids joke about not coming around my house unannounced, or in the middle of the night, they say there are better ways to die than that. You should definitely let your kids know that you're armed and shooting anything or anyone coming through the door after you go to bed.
    Our kids also know that I keep guns in the home and would never come in unannounced. I would never shoot unless I could see what/who I was shooting, either. But our kids are out of college and have their own homes in different cities; the oldest out of state (Louisiana).
    230JHP likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links