How do you feel about aftermarket replacement parts and modifications for firearms? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: How do you feel about aftermarket replacement parts and modifications for firearms?

Member #
    Liked
    26982 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Here's a aftermarket hammer!

Got one just like it on my CZ SP-01, it came from Cajun Gun Works and let me tell ya since I installed it the gun will drive nails!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BigBlue and muddcatt54 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26982 times
    well as an example--the ONLY stock CZ that I own is a Shadow-2, does that tell ya anything about my idea on improving trigger action, accuracy and handling while still maintianing exceptional reliability?
    most of my 1911 have also had trigger work done but then again???
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20652 times
    Here's a aftermarket hammer!

Is that the Hildabeast approved anti cell phone/anti Blackberry hammer? Just because it is Union Labor approved doesn’t automatically qualify it for destruction of electronic data. . . . .

And muddcatt54, I think Blue is making a point that Glocks don’t have hammers. I’m sure you posted your comment as sarcasm but just in case . . .
    BigBlue, jtg452 and muddcatt54 like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27136 times
    Reliability is king, without reliability a gun is useless.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31556 times
    Grips or sights are typically what I tinker with. On a polymer gun, like the one I just bought, there ain't much to tinker with. On a 1911, there is plenty to keep somebody busy if they wanted to do that.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    553 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    On a 1911, there is plenty to keep somebody busy if they wanted to do that.
    Unless you buy a Taurus PT 1911...those babies are already loaded up with your typical "aftermarket" doodads! I love mine for sure!
    loudviking and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    26982 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Keith View Post
    Unless you buy a Taurus PT 1911...those babies are already loaded up with your typical "aftermarket" doodads! I love mine for sure!
    True but then that's not anything special now in the 1911 market in even modestly priced weapons.
    the RIA Ultra MAY be the best set up 1911 out there for the bucks, course now you got to upgrade from the GI model, same with ATI, and Citadel. Springfield, the Ruger SR1911 while bit higher priced also for stainless steel 1911 with outstanding customer Support is another well set up 1911.
    Here is a picture of my cheap old stripped RIA 1911 it comes stock with ambi safety, mag well, fully adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front sight, vent trigger, Commander style hammer, VZ G-10 grips, and even had a partridge in the box.--oH and its a 10 MM as well, they do make them in 9 MM and 45 acp for those with soft hands as well.
    cost if I remember right is about 450 or so?
    Last edited by olfarhors; 09-10-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    26982 times
    Reliability is king, without reliability a gun is useless.

as Clint said "A man must know his limitations" and this is so true when it comes to working on your firearms and changing parts, there is a time to say hey I need to pay someone to do this if you really want to make the change.
    jtg452 and loudviking like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20652 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    When you carry a gun the bottom-line question you should ask yourself is, how will it function if I get into a gunfight? I look at modifications as gaining a potential advantage in that situation. . . .
    I thought Clint said the question I should ask myself is “did he fire all his ammo or does he have a round or two left? I’m a punk and I really need to know . . .
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    For me personally I could see replacing broken parts with aftermarket, but not fine functioning ones. Of course that would be only on guns I use for sport. If it were a personal defense gun I'll keep it stock, with the exception of some pinky extender magazine base plates. If I ever have to use a gun in defense I'm not going to let the prosecutor point to a skeletonized glock slide, gold barrel, flat faced skeletonized trigger, flared magwell, and aggressive stippling and claim I was out there looking for a fight or a reason to shoot. I'm not about to make their case that easy. Heck, give me a gun with a 15 pound trigger pull. I know with adrenaline I wouldn't even feel it, but I could sure make the case that I had to fear reasonably well enough to overcome that heavy trigger. Just my .02.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links