Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: DOJ Demands all User Data from Rifle Scope Phone App

Member #
    Liked
    41754 times

DOJ Demands all User Data from Rifle Scope Phone App

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/do...-apple-google/

Apple and Google have been ordered by the U.S. government to hand over names, phone numbers and other identifying data of at least 10,000 users of a single gun scope app, Forbes has discovered.

It’s an unprecedented move: never before has a case been disclosed in which American investigators demanded personal data of users of a single app from Apple and Google. And never has an order been made public where the feds have asked the Silicon Valley giants for info on so many thousands of people in one go.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    Classic government overreach. Hopefully, one of these days, we will get them to understand who works for whom. Believe it or not, ICE was recently involved in an investigation here in Burleson, TX concerning counterfeit handbags. Too many agencies, too much power.

If they ever demand the personal information of the people who have downloaded Angry Birds 2, I'm sunk.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31458 times
    Think of how many people use gun apps for one thing or another. I have a reloading app that I sometimes check my loads out on, many people keep track of their gun inventory on gun apps as well. And, think of the number of times this happens with no publicity at all.

The scariest thing, though, is that this is happening on the watch of a sitting Republican president.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7618 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Think of how many people use gun apps for one thing or another. I have a reloading app that I sometimes check my loads out on, many people keep track of their gun inventory on gun apps as well. And, think of the number of times this happens with no publicity at all.

The scariest thing, though, is that this is happening on the watch of a sitting Republican president.
    Trump's not a Republican.

Then again, most of the Republican Party really aren't Republicans any more either.
    Last edited by jtg452; 09-06-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33248 times
    Every time I read about something like this, I think of two books I've read in the past. Animal Farm, and 1984. Probably scare the bejesus out of me if I were to reread them today. If you haven't read them, they will you too, if you do.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    10958 times
    Loved Animal Farm, read it in high school. Recent history tells us that the Clinton and Obama breed of pigs are known to be much more equal than any other pigs.

As for most Federal Agencies, well, they are deep state actors and it really does not matter who is in the White House to them. They will do what they were going to do no matter what anybody says, or orders them to do.

It has always been amazing to me, that while information we do not allow the government to gather, it is perfectly legal for corporations to gather that information and then give to government. I am pretty sure that Google and Facebook have already coded the algorithms to find the type of people that become mass murderers. During the 2016 election runup, Project Veritas had separate audio/video conversations with 2 DNC "Fixers" who both said, "We have psycho people we pay to do things..." I wonder where they got those names...probably from one of the many trips Google and Facebook execs made to the Obama White House. Wonder why these "Mass Shooters" have such good timing politically?
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    29530 times
    Nothing to see here...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    Loved Animal Farm, read it in high school. Recent history tells us that the Clinton and Obama breed of pigs are known to be much more equal than any other pigs.

As for most Federal Agencies, well, they are deep state actors and it really does not matter who is in the White House to them. They will do what they were going to do no matter what anybody says, or orders them to do.

It has always been amazing to me, that while information we do not allow the government to gather, it is perfectly legal for corporations to gather that information and then give to government. I am pretty sure that Google and Facebook have already coded the algorithms to find the type of people that become mass murderers. During the 2016 election runup, Project Veritas had separate audio/video conversations with 2 DNC "Fixers" who both said, "We have psycho people we pay to do things..." I wonder where they got those names...probably from one of the many trips Google and Facebook execs made to the Obama White House. Wonder why these "Mass Shooters" have such good timing politically?
    As my login name implies, I have long term experience (30 years) in the field of computer systems, data systems, data gathering, computer profiling, etc; worldwide. I can tell you without a doubt, if you use one of big name companies for regular logins, there is data gathering on your login name, your IP address, possibly your real name, and whatever else you put in their respective systems. Use them but understand what you are doing and be careful. You have been warned!
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    7618 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    Nothing to see here...
    Attachment 446373
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    4640 times
    If you've never heard of this, it's worth some of your time to investigate.

https://www.torproject.org/download/
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links