Survivors of a mass shooting have filed a lawsuit against Walmart
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Survivors of a mass shooting have filed a lawsuit against Walmart

Member #
    Liked
    4173 times

Survivors of a mass shooting have filed a lawsuit against Walmart

Walmart's move is starting to make sense...

In their suit filed against Walmart Inc. and Wal-Mart Stores Texas LLC on Aug. 30, the family is not asking for monetary compensation, the El Paso Times reported. Instead, they are demanding to know why Walmart did not have armed security or measures to prevent the shooting.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/460035-survivors-of-el-paso-shooting-file-lawsuit-against-walmart

I posted this in another thread, but want to have appear in all Walmart related threads... Sorry....

Walmart has destroyed the small to mid sized businesses around the country. Their policies have continued to impoverish the families of it's employees by the destruction of the small competitor, and controlling wages in the areas where the stores are located. Walmart is not a good thing for any community. Walmart Should be Boycotted by ALL, not just 2A supporters...

From The Walmart Effect, by Charles Fishman

Walmart is arguably the world's most important privately controlled economic institution, and is shorthand for a wide range negative impacts on consumers resulting from how Walmart does its business. These effects including the suburbanization of the local shopping experience, the driving down of local prices for all everyday necessities, the draining of the viability of the traditional local shopping areas, a continual downward pressure on local wages, the consolidation of consumer product companies aiming to match Walmart's scale, a continual downward pressure on costs and continual cost scrutiny at a wide range of businesses enabling them to survive on thinner profit margins. Walmart is beyond the market forces that capitalism relies on to enforce fair play and isn't subject to the market forces because it's creating them.

Last edited by bobbojama; 09-06-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    7594 times
    I think you will start seeing that all across the USA .

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20405 times
    Whoa! That does not necessarily spell out why Walmart is doing their deed. They are demanding Walmart employ armed security at their stores - does not mean stop selling firearms and related merchandise. They completely overlook the fact that they would have to pay double the prices if WM did that. We have a friend who used to work at our local WM and he said they averaged $6 Million in theft losses per year . . . . and they were honored the last year he worked there as the least annual losses of all the Super Walmart stores in the nation. $6 Million in theft losses! They do employ “plainsclothes” observers whose only job is to walk around pushing a buggy and watching for shoplifters. He said specifically that they were not allowed to deploy armed security.
    pegasus, darbo and BigBlue like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2113 times
    If armed security is what WalMart needs then they have gone the wrong direction. The should be encouraging all to open carry! There is tons of "free" security right under their nose.
    pegasus and BigBlue like this.
    Thanks to all the Trump voters, we may have just started the country's reversal!

Lifetime NRA Member

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19587 times
    Just when you think things cannot get any more foolish, the night gets even darker.

Member #
    Liked
    33567 times
    Walmart should counter sue them for being in the store and providing targets for the shooter, enticing him to come there in the first place......makes just as much sense.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    2287 times
    You can always spot a family who is truly all torn up over the loss of a loved one when their eyes have dollar signs in them.

Seriously, I'm sure every honest person here can relate to their grief because we all know the universal feelings of emptiness and the subsequent need to fill it up with money, (the one thing that cures all wounds) which comes after the loss of a loved one, right?

You know, just like the Five Stages of Grief...

1.) Denial
    2.) Anger
    3.) Bargaining
    4.) Depression
    5.) Avarice

But seriously, this sort of thing needs to stop. Nobody in real life who actually cares about anyone and lost them would ever consider any amount of money to be adequate compensation for their loss, nor would they seek vengeance in the form of financial compensation by attempting to take the money away from a blameless party. These sorts of lawsuits are motivated purely by greed and perpetrated by opportunistic charlatans who are essentially trying to profit from the death of a family member.

Honestly, these sorts of lawsuits deserve nothing more than a Billy Madison-esq response from the judge such as;

"[Plaintiff], this lawsuit is one of the most blatantly greedy cases I have ever witnessed. At no point in your rambling, dishonest response to cross-examination were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now corrupted for having listened to it. I award you no money, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Or better yet, how about the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld?

"No money for you! Go to jail, come back 3 years!"

Yeah, I like that one better, will make folks think twice about using fraudulent loawsuits as a get rich quick scheme.
    Last edited by Tuco_Ramírez; 09-05-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    darbo and bjrjar like this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    1700 times
    I had also seen a story about a family suing the bank inside the walmart, because they didn't pull their (now dead) son into a locked room with them. He was near the bank at the time of the shooting, and the bank employees went into a back room in the bank and closed the door, without letting him in. *facepalm* Everyone is to blame except the person who is actually to blame.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Member #
    Liked
    3569 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Whoa! That does not necessarily spell out why Walmart is doing their deed. They are demanding Walmart employ armed security at their stores - does not mean stop selling firearms and related merchandise. They completely overlook the fact that they would have to pay double the prices if WM did that. We have a friend who used to work at our local WM and he said they averaged $6 Million in theft losses per year . . . . and they were honored the last year he worked there as the least annual losses of all the Super Walmart stores in the nation. $6 Million in theft losses! They do employ “plainsclothes” observers whose only job is to walk around pushing a buggy and watching for shoplifters. He said specifically that they were not allowed to deploy armed security.

My local Wally world has some armed security, but only because a couple of the security team is off duty LEO's.

Member #
    Liked
    19564 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    I agree. I don't see the connection between the 2 events.
    BigBlue and daytonaredeye like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links