Survivors of a mass shooting have filed a lawsuit against Walmart - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Survivors of a mass shooting have filed a lawsuit against Walmart

Member #
    Liked
    4643 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    Walmart Teamed with Bloomberg, Together they created the “Responsible Firearms Retailer” partnership.

https://www.secondamendmentdaily.com...ontrol-agenda/
    Walmart's been a member for 11 years. Note the date on this article:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...21318620080414

And here's what they signed up for:

http://everytown.org/documents/2015/...p_release.pdf/

It's what they have been doing for the last 11 years. Only the ban on MSR ammo is new.

Not sticking up for them. I just don't like fake news.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    7054 times
    Not fake news – true, the Bloomberg-Walmart partnership predates the August shooting, but afterwards Walmart caves in ‘just a little more’ to Bloomberg’s pressure.

The restrictions on ammo weren’t the only thing. Open carry is restricted, too. For a lot of people, it’s a non-issue. But it is an extension of the Anti-Constitutionalists’ strategy of ‘reasonable’ restrictions that will get tolerated by a majority. Not taking issue because you don’t personally care for open carry is analogous to the duck hunter being fine with bans on ARs.

When the current ‘reasonable’ restrictions aren’t enouh, the ‘Responsible Retailers’ (supported – or pressured – by Bloomberg) will be right there, ready with just one more reasonable restriction.
    olfarhors, BigBlue and oldtimer like this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    26966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    I'll answer their question even without a lawsuit. Walmart has no obligation to protect your sorry butts and more than any other publically accessible private business. You want to be protected? Start carrying firearms responsibly.
    OK this hurt my feelings and so I am protesting!!
    just as soon as I get through playing my Video games down in the basement!
    I think that you might have even raised your voice toward me!!!!!
    BigBlue likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26966 times
    I just ask everyone in this debate to ask yourself--When was the last time that you heard of a mass shooting or even a robery at a Gun Store where the clerks, owners, patrons were known to be armed???
    hell IF someone tried that at my local shop. range it would be like the movie where the robber went into a COP Bar to hold it up!
    Now sure we have had several gun shop robberies in the area, but you know what it was all when they were closed!
    I am beginning to think the criminals may be smarter than some of us gun owners???
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    21903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    OK this hurt my feelings and so I am protesting!!
    just as soon as I get through playing my Video games down in the basement!
    I think that you might have even raised your voice toward me!!!!!
    It was the pitch that elevated, not volume so it was more a whimsical tone. Oh and there's a power up behind the large rock to your right. Pick that up before you meet the midlevel boss.
    olfarhors and BigBlue like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20415 times
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Children! Indoor voices only!

Lets keep on topic.
    BigBlue likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    8985 times
    The fact that WalMart has decided to rid themselves of many firearms and a lot of ammo as well as disallowing open carry, in the eyes of the law, may indicate culpability and aid the plaintiffs.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    276 times
    There is no way that they can sue and force Wal Mart to provide security, it just won't happen. And it is un-manly to shirk off ones security, onto the store or the cops, or anything else.
    Samuel Colt made all men equals, and the ones that filed suit, had better learn what that means. No one is required to make anyone else safe.

Member #
    Liked
    276 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I just ask everyone in this debate to ask yourself--When was the last time that you heard of a mass shooting or even a robery at a Gun Store where the clerks, owners, patrons were known to be armed???
    hell IF someone tried that at my local shop. range it would be like the movie where the robber went into a COP Bar to hold it up!
    Now sure we have had several gun shop robberies in the area, but you know what it was all when they were closed!
    I am beginning to think the criminals may be smarter than some of us gun owners???
    {This blank space was a YouTube video, but I reminded by a member, that it violates forum rules.}

It is in Code Of Silence with Chuck Norris and Henry Silva, and it is a funny scene. There are a lot of MF bombs being thrown around, after the guns are pulled. I just thought that I would mention that. I watched that movie just last week, it is one of my Norris favorites.

{I took the video down, but it is located on You Tube under, Code Of Silence Bar Scene. Parts of the movie are pretty rough.}
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 09-12-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6431 times
    It will never go any place,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links