Walgreens Joins the Anti-OC Crowd... - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Walgreens Joins the Anti-OC Crowd...

Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    The left as usual is using media to demonize firearm owners, sadly corporations, politicians on both sides go along with the game. Each year we lose more freedoms and it will continue so vote and use your dollars at stores who believe in freedom.
    BigBlue likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26865 times
    99% of the time I do not open carry and I don't spend much time at Walmart, so Walmarts decision would have little or no direct effect on me. What irks me is that they feel obliged to join the anti-gun crowd in once again placing restrictions on law abiding gun owners due to a murderers rampage. This is a typical anti-second amendment knee jerk reaction which takes advantage of a heinous illegal act to restrict legal carry. They are no better than those that called for banning so called "assault weapons" or "large capacity magazines" following Sandy Hook or the Mandalay Bay Resort murder sprees. I don't much care for people or companies that seek to restrict my rights and I certainly don't reward them. I don't give donations to Nancy Pelosi and I won't be giving any of my cash to Walmart.
    olfarhors and CaptainMorgan like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    I don't give donations to Nancy Pelosi and I won't be giving any of my cash to Walmart.
    Nancy Pelosi has absolutely nothing I need or will ever want. Not so much as a penny will be going her way and the channel gets turned as soon as I see her whacky hands and arms flailing all over the place as she tries to bring some lucid sentences together but never quite does.

Walmart on the other hand does have things I need and want at prices better than most other retailers. There's also a convenience factor in their proximity to my house and traffic. Since I don't open carry and they do allow concealed, it doesn't affect me at all.

I did find out here on the forum yesterday that Target and Aldi's has a NO GUN policy. Last week I was in an Aldi's talking to the manager and buying something. She had no idea there was a .357 in my front pocket and I didn't tell her. There are no signs posted in the store about guns. As long as they don't mess with me and I can do what I always do, if I need or want something from them I'll still do it for convenience rather than punish myself to drive all over hell and waste gas. Eventually I might find out there's some major petroleum company that's anti-guns. Do I then put more money into their coffers because I'm using more gas driving out of the way to put the screws to retailers who are anti-guns or just stop driving my car?

But, that's just me and my thinking.
    Last edited by TrucksNCoffee; 09-12-2019 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Comply with Rule 2 about using characters to substitute for letters.
    CaptainMorgan and BigBlue like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3518 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvrevos View Post
    Nancy Pelosi has absolutely nothing I need or will ever want. Not so much as a penny will be going her way and the channel gets turned as soon as I see her whacky hands and arms flailing all over the place as she tries to bring some lucid sentences together but never quite does.

Walmart on the other hand does have things I need and want at prices better than most other retailers. There's also a convenience factor in their proximity to my house and traffic. Since I don't open carry and they do allow concealed, it doesn't affect me at all.

I did find out here on the forum yesterday that Target and Aldi's has a NO GUN policy. Last week I was in an Aldi's talking to the manager and buying something. She had no idea there was a .357 in my front pocket and I didn't tell her. There are no signs posted in the store about guns. As long as they don't mess with me and I can do what I always do, if I need or want something from them I'll still do it for convenience rather than punish myself to drive all over hell and waste gas. Eventually I might find out there's some major petroleum company that's anti-guns. Do I then put more money into their coffers because I'm using more gas driving out of the way to put the screws to retailers who are anti-guns or just stop driving my car?

But, that's just me and my thinking.
    IDK about Target but they're not posted in my area. As far as Aldi's the statement they put out was NOT "no guns" but that they respectively requested patrons not OPEN CARRY unless they are law enforcement. Now for some people no open carry is the same as "no guns" but not for those of us who don't open carry anyway. Not saying I agree with the statement, just stating the facts of the situation.

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    IDK about Target but they're not posted in my area. As far as Aldi's the statement they put out was NOT "no guns" but that they respectively requested patrons not OPEN CARRY unless they are law enforcement. Now for some people no open carry is the same as "no guns" but not for those of us who don't open carry anyway. Not saying I agree with the statement, just stating the facts of the situation.
    Thanks for the clarification on Aldi's. Regarding your statement "for some people no open carry is the same as 'no guns' but not for those of us who don't open carry anyway."

Based on the backlash of this forum (and more than likely the same on many other forums), I wonder if some if some of the fervent open carriers will start pushing the envelope by testing the business establishments request for no open carry by "showing them" with open carry.

If it happens often enough it shouldn't be too long before they then say "NO Guns Allowed". That might end up in some real rioting and a national disaster. Certainly won't stop me from carrying concealed. The businesses would have to spend billions for metal detectors at the front door and hire their own TSA type staff frisking everyone which would cause a National Emergency. Sure would make the liberals happy. More than likely I'd be one of the first to be jailed for causing someone's face to look like bloody dough if their hands searched my body.
    (and I'm normally a peaceful 'happy go lucky' kinda guy)

National chains and stores regarding guns. Starbuck's wording is different from the others:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ns/2273187001/
    Last edited by Iluvrevos; 09-13-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3518 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvrevos View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on Aldi's. Regarding your statement "for some people no open carry is the same as 'no guns' but not for those of us who don't open carry anyway."

Based on the backlash of this forum (and more than likely the same on many other forums), I wonder if some if some of the fervent open carriers will start pushing the envelope by testing the business establishments request for no open carry by "showing them" with open carry.

If it happens often enough it shouldn't be too long before they then say "NO Guns Allowed". That might end up in some real rioting and a national disaster. Certainly won't stop me from carrying concealed. The businesses would have to spend billions for metal detectors at the front door and hire their own TSA type staff frisking everyone which would cause a National Emergency. Sure would make the liberals happy. More than likely I'd be one of the first to be jailed for causing someone's face to look like bloody dough if their hands searched my body.
    (and I'm normally a peaceful 'happy go lucky' kinda guy)

National chains and stores regarding guns. Starbuck's wording is different from the others:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ns/2273187001/

Regarding the bolded, it's already happened. I thought the story was on this forum somewhere but I couldn't find it in a search, so I'll repost a link to the story. The guy who did it posted a video of himself with the police (who were called) as they gave him a written trespass warning banning him from all Walmarts nationwide for life. I asked someone who is a manager locally and he claims the way it was handled was not directed by corporate, that it must have been a local decision. Like a lot of online videos it doesn't show what happened before the cops showed up. Was he told to leave and refused or stood there questioning why? Did the guy live in a cave and not know Walmart changed their policy on open carry or did he just not care? Not saying that's what happened, it could've just been an overreaction on the local managers part, but IDK.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/man...#axzz5zPXhwP9d
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33327 times
    I suppose it all boils down to whether you wanna' be part of the solution or part of the problem. The "I don't OC so it doesn't affect me" stance is fine for about 15 minutes, 'til you ask "where does it end?" Sure, it's just OC, for now but if they get away with that, what comes next and you know, there will most definitely be a next. It starts with an in-store OC ban but how long before in-store CC is banned also or a "no guns on the property" policy is adopted? If they don't get any real stink from this, they'll only be emboldened to infringe even deeper into our rights and it won't stop with guns. After all, this is how the politicians seem to gauge "what the public wants". The antis make more noise than us, it makes them come off as the majority in spite of the fact that they aren't. If bans like this go unchallenged, it's more ammo for the politicos to justify their gun grabs. After all, if everyone's cool with carry bans in private businesses, why wouldn't they be okay with a nationwide ban? It's the old adage of "if you give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile". I understand the inconveniences for some but myself, I'll shop with Mom & Pop. Granted, I may have to drive a li'l farther and spend a bit more money for quality goods, rather than saving a few pennies by buying defective factory seconds and Chinese junk but to assert and hopefully retain my Constitutional rights, it's worth dumpin' that extra nickel every month.

As for my personal Walgreens experience, there are none locally and I was only ever in one once, at a town about 50 miles from here. We were passing through and had stopped for lunch at a McDonald's, there was a Walgreens across the street. We had the dog with us so we sat outside at a picnic table and after I'd finished, I decided to walk over to Wgs for something (can't recall what). After I came back and just as we were preparing to leave, several cop cars came wheeling into Wg's parking lot. As it turns out, they'd been robbed at gunpoint about a minute after I'd left the store and likely, by the guy I'd passed in the doorway as I was leaving.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Regarding the bolded, it's already happened. I thought the story was on this forum somewhere but I couldn't find it in a search, so I'll repost a link to the story. The guy who did it posted a video of himself with the police (who were called) as they gave him a written trespass warning banning him from all Walmarts nationwide for life. I asked someone who is a manager locally and he claims the way it was handled was not directed by corporate, that it must have been a local decision. Like a lot of online videos it doesn't show what happened before the cops showed up. Was he told to leave and refused or stood there questioning why? Did the guy live in a cave and not know Walmart changed their policy on open carry or did he just not care? Not saying that's what happened, it could've just been an overreaction on the local managers part, but IDK.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/man...#axzz5zPXhwP9d
    This may be the first incident but it certainly won't be the last. I wonder how many individuals who conceal carried in Walmart or other stores that have "no open carry" rules got kicked out of the stores or hassled? I'd say, conservatively speaking, if there were 25,000 nationwide NOT ONE was asked to leave the store because nobody had a clue they were conceal carrying. I know I was ONE of them and will continue to be every single day. On Tuesday I had an appointment with my eye doctor and carried for no other reason than it's a habit to do it. Not that I feared for my life but there are parking lots with nut cases and whacko drivers with road rage everywhere. A stop after the eye Dr. just happened to BE at Walmart. Life went on as normal...peaceful.
    And I never leave a gun in my car for a second.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26859 times
    Well you guys have opened my eyes about this protesting stuff!
    I mean my local range/ gun shop has a large sign saying no loaded weapons allowed excpet in a holster or case, do NOT handle a loaded firearm in these premises.
    I am going down today and carry a loaded wepon in with the hammer cocked and tha safety off just to show them!
    I may even go over to my neighbors house that has asked no one to bring a weapopn into their house!
    I am going down there with my AR 15 and have a cup of coffee.
    what does this guy think hes doing telling me that I can't have a gun in HIS house?
    come on folks these places are private business they can make the rules as they see fit and if we don't like it then we can go elesewhere or take them to court.
    we (gun Ownrs) go about showing them and we end up looking just like the guy that went to walmart shoulder carrying the assault rilfe right after the shooting.
    and I am NOT going to start carrying OWB either.
    Iluvrevos likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post

As for my personal Walgreens experience, there are none locally and I was only ever in one once, at a town about 50 miles from here. We were passing through and had stopped for lunch at a McDonald's, there was a Walgreens across the street. We had the dog with us so we sat outside at a picnic table and after I'd finished, I decided to walk over to Wgs for something (can't recall what). After I came back and just as we were preparing to leave, several cop cars came wheeling into Wg's parking lot. As it turns out, they'd been robbed at gunpoint about a minute after I'd left the store and likely, by the guy I'd passed in the doorway as I was leaving.
    Were you open carrying...conceal carrying...or not carrying at all? What would you have thought if you saw the guy open carrying as you passed through the doorway?

He was an honest law abiding citizen such as yourself demonstrating his lawful 2A rights or...oh, oh...I wonder if this dude looks like he might be going in to rob the store?
    kschilk likes this.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links