Walgreens Joins the Anti-OC Crowd... - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Walgreens Joins the Anti-OC Crowd...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26885 times
    "DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM

Subject: RE: Firearms

Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc."
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    579 times
    That is an interesting policy by Walmart. What I wonder is in Florida if a concealed carry firearm becomes visible through inadvertent movement of the carrier, that unintentional brief exposure is not illegal. Florida is a concealed carry state. That would put the Walmart policy in conflict with Florida state law.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus7 View Post

As for a smaller gun, etc. I've stated my position on that a few times across these threads, so I don't want to bore people with repeating myself.
    I must have been attending a major board meeting and missed some of those threads. (or is the correct spelling "bored") Your position for smaller guns was also before this latest Walmart rule of no open carry in the stores.

What I'd like to know is what did you do before 2016 when open carry wasn't an option in your state. Did you go to Walmart with NO gun since there's all of this disdain for smaller ones? Or was this the time period when you dressed like Grizzly Adams just to go to Walmart with a cannon?

Sometimes in life a little flexibility just makes things easier. But, what do I know? I had no idea a 5 or 6 shot .357 revolver, Sig P365, Springfield .45 carried in the pocket would put my life in danger more so than carrying nothing at all or a much larger gun in Walmart. Guess I'll just stay home.
    Last edited by Iluvrevos; 09-11-2019 at 04:42 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    That's just the tip of the iceberg. Reagan, who was last I checked the shining example of conservatism and Republican values help enact the Mulford act, with the support and blessing of the NRA. In fact, a great deal of the laws pertaining to firearms that could be considered unconstitutional came out of the right with NRA support. If there's one thing that the Constitution seems to have taken a back seat on time and time again, it's when the people in power get scared of folks that don't look like them (aka minorities). You can thank bigotry and racism for defiling our Constitution before the ink even dried.
    Don't know if I offended you in any way but the picture of yourself in the avatar may have influenced me in a way I was unaware of. Maybe it was taken after a night of real heavy drinking. I know I've looked like that a few times over the years. (actually more than a few times)
    Zen Ape likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26885 times
    Man banned from EVERY Walmart store for legal open carry. I'll have to face it, they don't want my money.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/man...e9be0-21666607
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    33367 times
    I use walmart to get rid of dog poo......the one and only useful service they provide.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    3529 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Man banned from EVERY Walmart store for legal open carry. I'll have to face it, they don't want my money.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/man...e9be0-21666607

Although I think their response is a severe overreaction and I think Walmart did the wrong thing in banning open carry, I don't run Walmart. The fact that it's legal is not the point. They have a right to ban open carry or even concealed carry in their stores if they so desire, just as someone who is offended by it has a right to shop somewhere else. (good luck finding a department store now that loves open carry.)
    olfarhors and Smokewagon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    26900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    OH MY GOD!!
    I am glad that this wasn't me!!
    I think that I would just Move to Canada if that happened to me!
    No wait I was going to move to Canada for another reason????
    damn old mans memory I can't remember why I was going to move to Canada and why I didn't???
    ban ME from all the wally worlds there CEO-- show me!!!
    na-na-na-na-na!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BigBlue likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvrevos View Post

Sometimes in life a little flexibility just makes things easier. But, what do I know? I had no idea a 5 or 6 shot .357 revolver, Sig P365, Springfield .45 carried in the pocket would put my life in danger more so than carrying nothing at all or a much larger gun in Walmart. Guess I'll just stay home.

we are all responsible for our own safety pretty much all the time and we all have different feelings about what I best and adequate for ourselves.
    Myself I have 3 pocket pistols, that is pistols that I can actually get in and out of a front pocket on my pants/shorts. jeans that I wear everyday.
    along with the size what is considered by me first is ergonomics, second and most important is reliability, then the caliber is the consideration, which for me is 380 or more powerful.
    If I was not confident in all these lil things I would not have them and certainly would not carry and depend on them.
    this is just one old mans ramblings and may not apply to you.
    1) Sig Sauer 365 -9 MM
    2) sig Sauer 238 -380 acp
    3) Springfield Armory XDS- 9 MM.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Iluvrevos likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    we are all responsible for our own safety pretty much all the time and we all have different feelings about what I best and adequate for ourselves.
    Myself I have 3 pocket pistols, that is pistols that I can actually get in and out of a front pocket on my pants/shorts. jeans that I wear everyday.
    along with the size what is considered by me first is ergonomics, second and most important is reliability, then the caliber is the consideration, which for me is 380 or more powerful.
    If I was not confident in all these lil things I would not have them and certainly would not carry and depend on them.
    this is just one old mans ramblings and may not apply to you.
    1) Sig Sauer 365 -9 MM
    2) sig Sauer 238 -380 acp
    3) Springfield Armory XDS- 9 MM.
    Everything you said applies to me regarding your reasons and criteria for choosing specific guns for front pocket carry. I also make gun choices based on some holstered back pocket carry and different styles, depth, and widths of pants pockets and pants styles. Pants purchases are always made in store dressing rooms based on whether a certain gun passes the "printing and draw test" with one brought with me.

Your three choices are on the money for excellent pocket carry guns. In my case, since I don't open carry OWB or IWB concealed, with the exception of 3 guns I have 15 used for pocket carry. As I mentioned, some better in certain pants and pants pockets than others.

As far as you referring to yourself as an "old man", you have some "young man" eyes and nerves with the results on those targets. IMPRESSIVE!

Like "DEADLY DORIGHT".

(Confession: I'm an old man also but don't tell anyone)
    olfarhors likes this.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links