Walgreens Joins the Anti-OC Crowd... - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Walgreens Joins the Anti-OC Crowd...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
    If you think Walmart will really notice the drop in sales you are mistaken. After reading thru this thread and several others like it.... it seems like the majority of the 2A community doesn't frequent Walmart all that much. Most of what I spend there they are taking away from me... how much is an occasional gallon of milk, bag of chips or jug of oil and a filter gonna hurt?
    Stand in the front of a Walmart.... watch what people come out with.... they decided we don't matter.
    If the grocery store I frequent does the same....I still gotta eat.
    You gotta shop somewhere.... at some point you won't be able to boycott everything that's against us.
    Let's hope that all stores don't fold to the same left wing lunacy.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    579 times
    I think what we (the pro-2A folks) need to do is somehow find out what tactics the Liberals are using to convince the retail stores to cave in against open carry and we need to turn their game back at them. We need to identify something that the Liberals need or want to have with them at all times which could be shown to cause harm to people then go after getting major retailers to prohibit people from bringing those items into their stores using the same persuasion that the Liberals are using. The Liberals have declared war upon us and it's time for us to learn our enemy and start our counterattacks! If we sit back and allow this to keep happening unopposed, they will eventually roll over us and make it so we are unable to carry in any businesses or at least open carry (where legal) in any businesses. I am going to continue to concealed carry where I want within Florida law and Federal law. In Florida, signage does not carry the force of law.
    CaptainMorgan and oldtimer like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FLShutterbug View Post
    I think what we (the pro-2A folks) need to do is somehow find out what tactics the Liberals are using to convince the retail stores to cave in against open carry and we need to turn their game back at them. We need to identify something that the Liberals need or want to have with them at all times which could be shown to cause harm to people then go after getting major retailers to prohibit people from bringing those items into their stores using the same persuasion that the Liberals are using. The Liberals have declared war upon us and it's time for us to learn our enemy and start our counterattacks! If we sit back and allow this to keep happening unopposed, they will eventually roll over us and make it so we are unable to carry in any businesses or at least open carry (where legal) in any businesses. I am going to continue to concealed carry where I want within Florida law and Federal law. In Florida, signage does not carry the force of law.
    Rainbows and unicorns!
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Taurus-man View Post
    I get my drugs at the projects, not at Walgreens or CVS.
    ...pusher's a pusher.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS are banning open carry of FIREARMS. I live in Georgia where there is no distinction between concealed or open carry. The license is just a "Carry License" so either is normally permitted. The businesses aren't prohibiting concealed carry, at least until the next step kicks in and they install metal detectors at the front doors with sub-70 IQ morons to enforce their edict.

In the meantime, maybe all of us should start rebelling and putting those stores to the test just by going in whether we shop or have no intentions of purchasing. What would they do or say if we open carried long swords or sabers...sheathed or unsheathed? It isn't a firearm being open carried so there IS compliance.

Would they then extend their demands from firearms to knives, to swords, to sabers, to baseball bats, to tire thumpers, or anything they deemed as deadly? Would it make them stop selling kitchen cutlery, sharp tools like screwdrivers and gardening equipment inside the store?

I'm all for pushing the envelope to the limits and making life miserable for them in different ways.

What say yee? Any other ideas to jam it as far up where the sun doesn't shine of the almighty board of Directors as possible?
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvrevos View Post
    Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS are banning open carry of FIREARMS. I live in Georgia where there is no distinction between concealed or open carry. The license is just a "Carry License" so either is normally permitted. The businesses aren't prohibiting concealed carry, at least until the next step kicks in and they install metal detectors at the front doors with sub-70 IQ morons to enforce their edict.

In the meantime, maybe all of us should start rebelling and putting those stores to the test just by going in whether we shop or have no intentions of purchasing. What would they do or say if we open carried long swords or sabers...sheathed or unsheathed? It isn't a firearm being open carried so there IS compliance.

Would they then extend their demands from firearms to knives, to swords, to sabers, to baseball bats, to tire thumpers, or anything they deemed as deadly? Would it make them stop selling kitchen cutlery, sharp tools like screwdrivers and gardening equipment inside the store?

I'm all for pushing the envelope to the limits and making life miserable for them in different ways.

What say yee? Any other ideas to jam it as far up where the sun doesn't shine of the almighty board of Directors as possible?
    I've thought about making custom holsters for 'em and open carrying bricks into the post office, gov't buildings, airports, etc......no laws against it, no restrictions on 'em and they'll pass through metal detectors. Best thing about 'em......you could take out 1000 bad guys with the same brick and never have to reload.
    Iluvrevos likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    I've thought about making custom holsters for 'em and open carrying bricks into the post office, gov't buildings, airports, etc......no laws against it, no restrictions on 'em and they'll pass through metal detectors. Best thing about 'em......you could take out 1000 bad guys with the same brick and never have to reload.
    I don't know. A whole bunch of those bad guys have extremely hard heads that could split a brick and turn it into dust after couple of thuds on their empty noggins LMAO
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Taurus-man View Post
    I get my drugs at the projects, not at Walgreens or CVS.
    Do you know "Dreads" down in Vine City?
    His real name is Gerome but he goes by Dreads!
    he is the one with the red Cadillac?
    if so tell him Ole said hi next time you see him, I don't get down there much since I retired.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26900 times
    well it may matter to some , but in the case of Walgreens, I got insurance so it cost me the exact same thing IF I get my scrips from Walgreen, CVS, Kroger, Wally world or Joe's phamacy.
    but as this seems quite timely , my local Rite -Aid was about 3 months ago bought out by Walgreens, the Rite aid was top notch as to the pharmacy.
    WALGREENS is simply the pitts, lost prescriptions, 3-4 day wait on called in scrips, rude people, lomg lines and general lack luster custiomer service.
    so I already decided that Wally Greens is in the same boat as wally world--I ain't going there any more!
    so there- take that.
    oldtimer likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    323 times
    I don't go to Walgreens or most of those places anyway, besides I CC all the time. So if they don't have a state approved sign at the entrance telling me they don't allow guns, then I don't care what they say their policy is. When it comes to Walmart in my area they just want you to be licensed.

Name:  20190805_150532.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  655.6 KB
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links