Gun racks, cabinets, & closets - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Gun racks, cabinets, & closets

YOT
    Member #
    Liked
    3503 times
    It sounds like none of you have actually been burgled. We have, twice.

A safe, bolted to the floor and wall, inside a closet where no pry-points can be maneuvered is the way I've stored valuables since the last time.

I do miss having my guns displayed in a nice wood and glass cabinet. Those times went away with the prevalence of drug related crime in rural areas where there is no police presence. Keep your powder dry my friends. It's only going to get worse.
    "It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19873 times
    Well, my dad’s “hunting cabin” was broken into once - it sits on a river and is easily accessed by boat, canoe, etc - and several rifles were taken. Fortunately he had photos and serial #s of all his guns and had all returned when the sheriff’s department broke up the theft ring. A small camera had also been stolen with the rifles and when it was returned there were pix of the thieves posing with his and other stolen goods in the developed photos! Talk about redneck idiocy!
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Guns? What guns?
    We have a safe, 8 dogs (yep, eight) and burglar alarm donkeys that bray loud enough to be heard two blocks away every time they see or hear a human come into the yard. Not to mention an old retired guy with a crappy attitude who's home most of the time (by choice, as if anyone cares. See what I mean? Crappy.)
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Pair of 431s

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46442 times
    Levels of security need to vary based on where you live. As mentioned gun safes are a good start, however with a multitude of power tools around my house they are just a slow down. The addition of an alarm system with a wi-fi camera system and smart smart phone alerts helps negate that slow down.

Alarms and Cameras are easy to set up these days. I know when someone approaches my door outside, I know when my door opens, I know when someone enters the room with the gun safes. I can remotely monitor and communicate with them. In my area police are generally near by and when guns are involved a quick response is the norm. Now if I lived in the country where police could easily be 30+ minutes away I would most likely have a different set up than I have now.

Having a display case would be nice but for me is out of the question.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    4026 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Three handgun safes and three rifle safes. The loss of the cost of the gun can be replaced, but the lives a stolen gun can take cannot. I would love to be able to keep some of my lookers in a wooden gun cabinet with glass doors, but I just don't trust my fellow man enough to do that. The only gun or guns that are out are with me. At the moment a Glock 34, a Sig P365 and my four legged security system are all within reach. If that don't work I have a picture of my mother in law.

I now suspect you are a cruel and vicious man.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links