What Gun You Owned Put The Biggest Smile On Your Face..??
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: What Gun You Owned Put The Biggest Smile On Your Face..??

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    169 times

What Gun You Owned Put The Biggest Smile On Your Face..??

Here's a question to get your juices running. Of all the guns, or any type or style, you have owned, which one has consistently put the biggest smile on your collective faces..?? Which one shouted out to everyone around you "Yeah, look at me, I'm having so much fun..".

For me it has to be the Winchester '94 that I owned for a good 10 years. It was chambered in .357/.38 and was just a hoot to shoot.. I never got tired of it despite it's little glitches. We regulary shot what we call gallery rifle competitions at my former club and, to a man, everyone else shot Marlins..!! When asked why I stuck with the Winchester 94 my answer was simple, and always the same. "You never saw John Wayne carrying a Marlin did you..?".

EDIT TO INCLUDE MY "SERIOUS DISTANCE" RIFLE..

This is a .308 Remington 700, Sendero action fitted with a PacNor barrel, bedded in a HS Precision Stock, with Badger Ordinance bolt knob 20MOA scope rail, 10 round detachable mag, an original military issue Parker-Hale bipod and, the only British made part, a muzzle brake by RPA. This photo shows the only time I ever shot the rifle at 100m.. it was custom built for me and designed to shoot 1000-1200m, and in fact I shot it a few times out to a mile. Cost me around $4000 dollars back in 2004..!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ManxTom; 08-26-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    5224 times
    My Heritage Rough Rider puts a big smile on my face.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    toss up fo me!
    the Ar 15 Pistol in 300 Blackout or the CZ 97 BD.
    the CZ Shadow -2 and the Tanfoglio Elite Match in 38 Super are close second placers.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8977 times
    Would have to be my Rock River AR-15. It's a mid range (out to around 500 yards) target gun. 22"bull barrel, National Match 2 stage trigger, Leupold Mk AR scope. Best ground hog shot was 240 yards - measured with my range finder before I pulled the trigger. I love to watch my Shooting Sports kids shoot it. A good rifle which is pretty inexpensive to shoot.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    5361 times
    That's tough..... might be cause it's new but my Hi Point 995TS had really been a blast! My Ruger 10/22 and my PT809 would be pretty close.
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    22357 times
    S&W Model 657. Not because of the power since I shoot low-power reloads in it. But because it's very accurate and I shoot it better than anything else I have. Everybody either has a gun that fits them perfectly, or they are looking for it. For me I think it's 6" heavy barrel N-frames. It's a combination of grip size and weight/balance and it's different for everybody.

Isn't that why we buy all these guns? We're looking for something?
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    6428 times
    My Rock Island 1911 in 9mm, it is by far the easiest gun to shoot that I own,

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Would probably be my Walther P38...great shooter.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20405 times
    Probably my Ruger MkII. First semiautomatic I ever owned where I didn’t have to reload it after 6 rounds - that was 1985 so well over half a lifetime ago.

To the OP, I was also raised with a Marlin 1894 in 44 Mag but have long since handed that down to my oldest son. It was scoped very soon after I got it and it was my venison taking rifle for > 40 years.
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 08-26-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    A tie between my Feg SA-85M and the Calico M100S. The first time I ever went to the range with the Calico, I could not believe that I shot 100 rounds flawlessly as fast as I could with no issues, at all. Blew my mind. I think it was sometime during the late 80s when I got that. It had the wooden thumb hole stock. Beautiful. Irving, TX gun dealer stole it from me. My Feg also had a thumb hole stock… blonde wood.. Most dependable blonde I ever knew. ✌
    Kevin Keith and Qwiks draw like this.
    "Maybe some day men won't have to wear guns. The way things are now, they do." -- Marshal Dan Troop

m-w.com : clip > 2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also: a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links