Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Stand Your Ground Trial in Florida

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10678 times

Stand Your Ground Trial in Florida

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-m...ter-mcglockton

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/753929898/florida-man-found-guilty-of-manslaughter-despite-stand-your-ground-defense

Florida "Stand Your Ground" test case. Although it is not stated as fact, it seems the guilty verdict may have hinged on the portion of the statute that says the (in this case 'shooter') cannot have instigated the confrontation.
    Last edited by coopercdrkey; 08-24-2019 at 04:13 AM.
    Ralph_Kirk and 777Driver like this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    4169 times
    From the info and video shown on all the MSM, I would venture to say the jury did it's job. A pity that the taxpayer funded NPR inferred that it was a racial thing.....
    Last edited by bobbojama; 08-24-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Czechbikr and jtg452 like this.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    4637 times
    The first account of the verdict that I read, like the NPR story, made the racial bias statement in the first paragraph. And that's a sad indictment that any allegedly legitimate news organization would pander to people's racial prejudices as an element of the lead paragraph. I don't recall any mention of racial bias as a factor in the shooting in the newspaper stories during the trial. We will have to wait until the jurors speak on their deliberations to see if it played a role in their verdict.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    48156 times
    The guy always went around picking a fight. Color had nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by rollin thunder; 08-24-2019 at 09:43 AM.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    21893 times
    It played out exactly as I predicted it would.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    22354 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    From the info and video shown on all the MSM, I would venture to say the jury did it's job. A pity that the taxpayer funded NPR inferred that it was a radial thing.....
    These days NPR receives much less taxpayer funding than it used too. It depends on how you want to count it, but the number is somewhere below 10%. A lot of the government money they do get are grants directed at specific projects....like children's programming. The amount has been dropping for years.
    olfarhors and bobbojama like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    21893 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    These days NPR receives much less taxpayer funding than it used too. It depends on how you want to count it, but the number is somewhere below 10%. A lot of the government money they do get are grants directed at specific projects....like children's programming. The amount has been dropping for years.
    They receive less funding because they've ostracised 1/2 of their revenue base with their leftist policies and bias.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    3946 times
    I love it when the justice system works. We talked about this at length last year when it happened, and the bottom line for me was that he 1) instigated the confrontation, and 2) shot a man who was retreating rather than further threatening. The Stand Your Ground law isn't a license to kill so it's encouraging that the rules of it were followed in the courtroom after being broken on the street.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    4779 times
    I also think is the correct decision.
    Ralph_Kirk and Czechbikr like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3418 times
    When you're carrying a gun, any argument can turn into a gunfight.

People carrying guns should be more careful about starting arguments than anyone else.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links