• 1 Post By olfarhors
  • 1 Post By garyh

Thread: Range report, indoor range, Aug. 23rd

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31465 times

Range report, indoor range, Aug. 23rd

I took my son to the range to shoot his new G2S pistol and run it through the paces. I decided to take along some other guns too, so I took along my Rossi 720, Taurus 66, and Sig P226 in 9mm. Standard target range was 8 yards.

First up was my Rossi 720. I sure wish I had bought this gun back when they were new, it's a lot of fun to shoot and I'm just glad I picked one up a few years ago. I finished out my Hornady 180 gr. XTP reloads and the loads are accurate and I would say sufficient to defend my life with.

Next was my Taurus 66 which I used to shoot my 157 gr. lead wadcutter reloads. This load may be the most accurate I've ever reloaded, it's a perfect range round and would be perfect for kids or recoil sensitive persons to get acquainted with a gun. It makes beautiful perfect holes too. It's the first picture I've uploaded below, 8 yards, 14 rounds.

Next up was the Sig P226. All I can say is, this is quickly becoming my favorite self defense weapon. I can push the target out to 10 yards and still keep all the rounds inside the inner circle. It's a much more accurate gun than I am a shooter. The rounds are 124 gr. Xtreme lead RN and the second picture below is from 10 yards, 15 rounds.

My son ran the G2S through it's paces. We had an interesting start, he kept having to hit the back of the slide to get it to fully engage, but as he put more rounds downrange, the action started working better and better and the trigger got a bit better too. I'd say he put around 250 rounds through it, and by the time he finished, he was hitting the target well and getting used to his new gun.

All in all, a good range visit !
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8312 times
    Sounds like a great day. I have a Sig 226 also and it is just an awesome gun.

It's a heavy gun but shoots great.

Glad you had a great time!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    1197 times
    Awesome shooting at the range.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5229 times
    What range? Frisco Gun Club or Eagle Gun Range? Bullet Trap?
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31465 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    What range? Frisco Gun Club or Eagle Gun Range? Bullet Trap?
    Went to Eagle Gun Club in Lewisville. The targets are from Frisco Gun Club, had a few left over.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    2453 times
    Looks like some good shooting there......

Don't have a 226 but do have the older 228- probably the best shooter I have ever had. Love the older Sigs.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    26966 times
    Don't think I have ever met Sig that I didn't like!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by olfarhors; 08-24-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    6431 times
    sounds like another fun day at the range, Good shooting also.

Sponsored Links