People flee theater over gun scare because someone opened a package on a store item - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: People flee theater over gun scare because someone opened a package on a store item

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Sometimes when you hear people talk about restrictions on free speech, they say things like, "You can't yell fire in a theater." Actually yes you can. It has never been illegal to yell Fire! or Gun! in a movie theater, unless you know it's not true and are doing it to create panic. If you hear someone popping bubble wrap and really think it's gunfire, that is not technically illegal.
    Kind of like back in the 70's when I was on my way to Greenland via an airplane and as I entered the plane door I saw my friend and said out loud-HI Jack!!!------
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20396 times
    When Obama was in office it was verboten to use the word “terroristic threat”. Now everything is labeled a terroristic threat until proven not to be . . . .except that you can still be charged and convicted of making a terroristic threat if you fart loud enough.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    3978 times
    Sort of boosts your confidence in your will to survive doesn't it? If anything major happens -- any widespread catastrophe -- we're in a world of ... well you know what I'm saying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5358 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Sort of boosts your confidence in your will to survive doesn't it? If anything major happens -- any widespread catastrophe -- we're in a world of ... well you know what I'm saying.
    I find it amazing that people are so weak minded anymore that they panic at the slightest noise.
    Like the song says "Paranoia will destroy ya!"
    kozmo2k4 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    31772 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Now everything is labeled a terroristic threat
    Well, unless you're a liberal leader calling for violence against your political opponents.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3304 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    This is just becoming common place any more. This why we need more armed (responsible) people on the streets.
    I'd add that this is the reason we need to educate people more about firearms. I know people that believe semi automatic riffles or automatic since they can be fired fast? One told me that it can't just be them moving their finger faster? Thanks main stream media!!
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    its going to be very intersting the way that the country is headed when the <stuff hits the fan> and these people think the police (or armed forces) are going to be there to protect them, common sense already shows the police can't protect us now and we are not quite in a civil war type situation (YET).
    Last edited by texastaurusguy; 08-31-2019 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Rule 2 violation - TTG
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links