• 1 Post By Fishinkeylargo
  • 1 Post By jtg452

Thread: 327 Fed Mag long Guns?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20405 times

327 Fed Mag long Guns?

I’ve got a Ruger SP101 in 327 Magnum. For those of you out there who have the 327 Fed Mag/32 H&R Mag, are you satisfied with the rifle? Any problem with its handling of 32 Magnum?

i know with my Henry 357/38 it shoots 357 (of all sizes) well. They do recommend use of minimum of 158 gr if shooting 38 SPCL.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    I would like to see Ruger introdcue a rilfe in this cartridge of the size of the 10/22 --or Ruger 44 carbine of years past.
    I think it would be a great lil weapon.
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    2792 times
    Doesn't Henry make one?
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    I am looking at my Henry catalog right now and they make a couple different lever guns in .327 Fed. The Big Boy series in both Brass and Steel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31205 times
    Many years ago, I addressed the handgun/rifle ammo compatibility thing with my favorite handgun caliber, a .357 magnum Rossi carbine. I see no reason to down size to a .32. I don't think it'd work on the game I need the carbine for. Hogs take a lot of killin'. What ever a .32 could do, the .357 can do better IMHO. But, to each their own. If there's a market, they will come....or something like that.

Henry has a good rep for lever guns. The Rossi is the only lever gun I have out of somewhere north of 25 long guns. Never been a big fan of lever guns, but this Rossi paired with one of my Blackhawks is pretty cool, I'll have to admit. Generally, a bolt gun is more accurate, though, but not every application needs sub MOA accuracy.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I would like to see Ruger introdcue a rilfe in this cartridge of the size of the 10/22 --or Ruger 44 carbine of years past.
    I think it would be a great little weapon.

That would be interesting. I remember there used to be a company that built/modified an M1 Carbine for .357 magnum. I'm sure it could be done with .327, but I think that company is no longer around.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46579 times
    I have the Henry Big Boy Brass in .327 Fed Mag. I love it. I don't have any .32 H&R ammo so I have not tried it in the gun. I keep forgetting to take .32 Longs to try in it.
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    7621 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    That would be interesting. I remember there used to be a company that built/modified an M1 Carbine for .357 magnum. I'm sure it could be done with .327, but I think that company is no longer around.
    LaMag used to convert GI M1 carbine to .45 Win Mag, too.

There was even a .17 wildcat based on the .30 Carbine round at one time.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Sponsored Links