How much do you trust your Taurus firearm(s)? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: How much do you trust your Taurus firearm(s)?

Member #
    Liked
    8926 times
    I have a PT145MilPro as one of my 3 carry guns. I also have a 24/7DS in 9mm, and 2 94's in .22. I've had no problems with any of them. I have north of 3000 rounds of various ammo through the PT, less through the 24/7. The 94's are club guns and probably have between 6 and 8 thousand rounds through both. Good guns.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    857 times
    My 605. 856, PT111 G2 and Spectrum have never had an issue of any kind and I have confidence in all of them. My TCP had a minor issue when new( 4 1/2 years ago) but I had confidence in it until the trigger stopped working a couple of weeks ago (it is now awaiting repair in Miami). The TCP has always been less confidence inspiring than my other handguns and I don't know why.
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5780 times
    I trust them with my life every day.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7595 times
    Not as much as I used to.

Both of my 85's have gotten out of time; one has taken the "vacation" in Miami, and I have lost some trust in it, not to mention the repair work was satisfactory, at best. The other 85 is now getting out of time, and will need to go back for repair soon. Someone told me it is from shooting a steady diet of +p ,38 special rounds in both of them, and not doing the "sparingly" thing with them. Each had about 10,000 rounds through them when they started to get loose,

Ever since I found the timing going out on them, my trust of Taurus building a quality revolver for the price has gone down. That may be why another brand name in revolvers is more popular in my gun safe.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

Member #
    Liked
    2386 times
    At present I'm down to four Taurus® revolvers; 992B4 22LR/22Mag, 425SS4CP 41 Remington® Magnum, 605SS2 357 Mag, and 85SS2UL 38 Special. I trust all 100%.
    Last edited by badge851; 08-22-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani
    كافر. المسلحة. جاهزة
    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, & Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Really like your signature!
    badge851 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7515 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelwithaT View Post
    To begin with, I have Colts, Smiths and Rugers. Semi's and revolvers. About 6 months ago I bought a Taurus 856 and I absolutely love that gun. I even keep it out as my go-to-gun. I trust that 856 100%! I just recently bought a PT-22 to keep in the car. I keep it loaded with 9 rds. of Stinger HP's. Those Stingers will definitely get someone's attention if I ever had to use it for self-defense. Love my Taurus handguns! How about the rest of you all?
    I trust Tuarus revolvers enough to give them as gifts to loved ones. My daily carry- which is on my hip as I type this in the coffee shop- is a Rossi 720 that I've had for over 20 years.

I trust Taurus guns more than the HK I own.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    4090 times
    Mine has been flawless, I trust it completely!
    Name:  Welcome.bmp
Views: 89
Size:  101.3 KB
    Kevin Keith and Qwiks draw like this.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20873 times
    My M-85UL I trust with my life. I had a PT145 that I trusted about as much as I do the Democratic party, it failed to go bang fairly regularly as it would shave off metal from the primers and they would sometimes lodge into the striker channel causing the malfunction.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    488 times
    I bought my Taurus 1911 in June and have shot almost 800 rounds of 230 gr hardball in it. Not a hiccup, functions flawlessly...I might love it. It's the stag gripped beauty below.
    Name:  KAA14FY (1).jpg
Views: 55
Size:  573.3 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links