Finally found a real Jungle Carbine! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Finally found a real Jungle Carbine!

Member #
    Liked
    29374 times
    Congratulations, this one's on my grail list too.

Some "nay-sayers" complain this model has a "wandering zero", but in 99% of these cases it turns out to be the sights and not the rifles design.

ENJOY!!
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    21754 times
    and this is exactly the reason I don't go to pawn shops that often or at least unaccompanied by the spousal unit. Divorces are DAMNED expensive, Death costs a whole lot more.
    GhostHorse likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    31485 times
    A real jungle carbine... sweet. Congratulations!

One minor, nitpicky correction; BSA is Birmingham Small Arms, not British Small Arms. And yes, it's the same company that made the motorcycles.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post

One minor, nitpicky correction; BSA is Birmingham Small Arms, not British Small Arms. And yes, it's the same company that made the motorcycles.
    when talking about historic arms, details mean everything and makes the JC that much more special.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    33295 times
    I have a thing for Enfields so the Mk5 is on my list too. That being said, I have my doubts I'll ever find one. It's hard enough to find a carbine version of most any pre-Korea milsurp but trying to find one with a good bore really slims the odds. Back in the late '70s, my brother picked up a nice one. He'd been looking for several years and checked out quite a few before he finally found a good one. Everything's pretty well picked-over now, most all the good rifles have been scarfed-up and those that got 'em either won't give 'em up or want big bucks for 'em. From what I've seen, the sporterized guns are likely to have the best barrels, on average. Guns that are set up and specifically used for hunting seem to get less rounds run through 'em than the fun guns. Unfortunately, I like 'em to be original. ...nice find!
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    5953 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post

You are correct! I have no idea why I said British instead of Birmingham, I do know the difference.

Thank you for the correction…

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links