Krogers being sued because they don't have a "no guns for the law abiding" policy
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Krogers being sued because they don't have a "no guns for the law abiding" policy

Member #
    Liked
    3560 times

Krogers being sued because they don't have a "no guns for the law abiding" policy

I said "No guns for the law abiding" instead of the more common "no guns" policy or sign because the term "No guns" is a lie, since criminals don't care about violating a supposed no guns policy. All a sign with a gun and a red slash does is keep out the people who already obey the rules, and aren't a danger anyway. (except maybe to mass shooters)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kroger-...athers-murder/

Watson and her mother, Charlotte Stallard, filed a civil lawsuit against Kroger last week asking the chain to ban guns in its stores. "Who would have known that Kroger would allow people to just walk in, carry their guns on their waistband and just pull them out?" she said.

Currently, Kroger does not have a policy prohibiting customers from bringing firearms into their stores. The company released a statement on its website stating that their longstanding policy on the issue is to follow state and local gun laws and to ask customers to be respectful of others while shopping.

"You don't need a gun to buy groceries," said Ron Johnson, the Stallard family's attorney. "…You can't carry a gun into your school, you can't carry a gun into the courthouse… And what we're simply saying is grocery stores need to do the same thing."

The alleged gunman, Gregory Alan Bush, was indicted by a federal grand jury for hate crimes. This October, a judge will determine if Bush is mentally competent to stand trial.

Speaking about her father, Watson said, "To think that this man, as loving and caring as he was, to have been taken from us in the way that he was taken, because of someone else's hate… it's unbelievable at times."

The lawsuit details more than two dozen gun-related incidents resulting in eight deaths inside and outside of Kroger stores nationwide.

"The duty of a store in Kentucky is to provide a safe place to shop. That is the law," Johnson said. "So retailers like Target and Starbucks have said, 'Having guns in our stores is not consistent with having a safe place to shop,' so they don't allow guns."

"Can a judge force an entity like Kroger to change its policy?" asked "CBS This Morning" national correspondent Jericka Duncan.

"All a judge or a jury can do is give damages to those who are harmed when Kroger doesn't meet its duty," Johnson said.

Watson said she hopes her lawsuit will help make public spaces safer and keep other families from suffering similar losses. "It is traumatic. It is violent. It is dramatic. It is painful…" she said. "We have to do something to try to prevent these things from happening again to others."
    I've never been in a Starbucks, but the last time I was in a Target store (admittedly a long time ago) there was no "no guns" signs at the door.

I'm not familiar with Kentucky law, but are they similar to Ohio, in that you can't sue a business if they choose to have a "no guns for the law abiding" sign or not have one? And I don't recall the shooter having a CHL anyway. Maybe Kroger's should institute a "no robbery" or "no murder" policy?

If Kentucky doesn't have a law and Krogers can technically be sued, why can't someone sue a business that has a "no guns for the law abiding" sign if a mass shooting occurs there? As far as the comment that guns in stores is not consistent with having a safe place to shop, the documented facts are exactly the opposite. Most mass shootings occur in so called gun free zones. Plus, there is documented evidence from some mass shooters or attempted mass shooters that they chose their targets precis ally because the location was a "soft target". A "no guns for the law abiding sign" could be said to create the conditions or environment for a mass shooter to succeed and therefore makes people potentially less safe.

Member #
    Liked
    5222 times
    I carry in my local Krogers every few days when I shop there. For Christmas I received a $50 Starbucks gift card from a client. I have carried in various Starbucks around town. Until either of them put up a 30.06/30.07 notice I will continue to do so regardless of what this Attorney Johnson says, desires, wants, demands, or stipulates. Frankly, methinks he's been thinking with his Johnson and not his brain.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    33532 times
    Maybe Kroger should counter sue those two for something they don't have in their cupboards or refrigerators?
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    31774 times
    I need a lawyer. I need to sue Watson and Charlotte Stallard for having different opinions than I do.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    5878 times
    I find it laughable that they think a store with a "no guns" sign is safer. I mean how stupid are they? Even the most cynical logic dictates that a criminal will ignore the sign.

I am fortunate to live in a rural area where guns are commonplace. I don't expect to see any signs in the windows anytime soon, unless they plan to follow up with a "Going out of Business" sign. Like all of you, I feel safer carrying a gun and I feel safer knowing half the county I live in does. There was a discussion a while back about carrying in church. I guarantee in any church in this county at least 25% are armed. Now I ask you, could you possibly feel any safer?
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    21888 times
    The most the state or fed gov't can require is that the non-governmental business follow federal, state and local laws. If the Watson's don't like it too bad. THEY do not get to dictate MY Rights. So they file a civil suit (which they'll lose) and need to be countersued by someone in the same municipality (for standing). Use 18 USC 241 - conspiracy to deprive a person of civil rights. As the saying goes, "Your 'rights' end at my nose". That is literally countersuing them using the same statues they want to sue Krogers with. In a long drawn out court case, it becomes a battle of attrition. 1/2 a mil will get Kroger's attention but 1/2 a mil will also bankrupt the Watson's.
    Desperado and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    7047 times
    I have the answer.

It's so simple, and it's been right in front of our eyes the entire time, and I have to give credit to Pegasus for the inspiration.

One sign should solve the entire problem:

Name:  no crime sign small.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  13.3 KB

You're welcome.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26989 times
    I have a right to self protection and if I can't enter a store with my rights intact then I don't need to spend my money at that store. I understand that in this case it's not the store, but some left wing loony and her lawyer trying to influence the store's policy, but it's just as simple for her, just don't shop there!
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    8970 times
    I live in flyover country, and I thank the Good Lord every day. I shop almost exclusively at Kroger. I carry every place I'm permitted. Matter of fact, I'm doing some volunteer work with the local FOP Lodge for the National Tractor Pulling Association Championships - but that a whole 'nother story - and carried every day of the Pulls. It's encouraged, although sometimes a little tacitly since I'm in a college town. I will continue to shop at Kroger, I will continue to carry, and I will continue to believe that those who are suing Kroger most likely do not shop there. Thank you and good night.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Idiot. Tree hugging idiots like this are more dangerous than any gun.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links