Krogers being sued because they don't have a "no guns for the law abiding" policy - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Krogers being sued because they don't have a "no guns for the law abiding" policy

Member #
    Liked
    6898 times
    Sorry, made a post about WalMart -- wrong thread.

Don't go to Kroger anyway -- Publix and W/D are better.
    Last edited by 230JHP; 09-05-2019 at 04:28 AM.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    1108 times
    "The duty of a store in Kentucky is to provide a safe place to shop. That is the law," Johnson said. "So retailers like Target and Starbucks have said, 'Having guns in our stores is not consistent with having a safe place to shop,' so they don't allow guns."

Grocery stores have a DUTY to provide a safe place to shop? Signs won't do it. Is the plan to have metal detectors and armed security at all known entrances in every building open to the public? Shall we have random frisking in public areas? Seriously, not even the police have a duty to protect citizens from harm.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/p...o-protect.html

I am the only person who has a duty to protect myself.

olfarhors and daytonaredeye like this.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

Member #
    Liked
    24660 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus7 View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-k...-idUSKCN1VO2TD

It didn't take long for Kroger to follow Walmart. No more open carry there either. I was just trying to figure out how I was going to get stuff, because some things are so much more expensive at Amazon and the various "Dollar" stores, but was like at least I still have Kroger for my food. Now I've got a HUGE problem.

And my Kroger is in the Bad part of town. You want to be seen as armed there, especially after dark.

Contact info:
    Kroger: https://www.kroger.com/topic/contact-us-18
    I sent them a complaint. We will see if it helps.

Hopefully a lot of people send them the complaint

MOLON LABE
    "We the people, are the rightful masters of both the Congress, and the Courts. Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who have perverted it." ~Abraham Lincoln

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7540 times
    No Krogers where i live .

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19934 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mawguy View Post
    "The duty of a store in Kentucky is to provide a safe place to shop. That is the law," Johnson said. "So retailers like Target and Starbucks have said, 'Having guns in our stores is not consistent with having a safe place to shop,' so they don't allow guns."

Grocery stores have a DUTY to provide a safe place to shop? Signs won't do it. Is the plan to have metal detectors and armed security at all known entrances in every building open to the public? Shall we have random frisking in public areas? Seriously, not even the police have a duty to protect citizens from harm.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/p...o-protect.html

I am the only person who has a duty to protect myself.

Interesting comment. A lot of retailers use RFID tags as anti theft devices - those little gadgets they have to take off items at the register. Well, I wear an RFID bracelet for a bedside gunsafe I have. I’ve worn it for 4 years and never take it off; it is rubber coated but not elastic. And, yep, it has set off a few RFID alarms at stores where they are used. I never tell ‘em what it is so they have to search all our bags and review our receipt. They come up with lots of excuses for why their detectors “malfunctioned” and sounded and that is worth the price of admission to a good movie these days.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    8506 times
    Don't shop at their stores very often and not going to now.

Member #
    Liked
    3506 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post
    Sorry, made a post about WalMart -- wrong thread.

Don't go to Kroger anyway -- Publix and W/D are better.
    Publix just got on the "please don't open carry unless you're law enforcement" bandwagon. W/D will probably be doing the same thing tomorrow at the rate it's going. Anti gun activists are calling all the grocery chains demanding they change their policies.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/c...rry-crowd.html

Member #
    Liked
    24660 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Publix just got on the "please don't open carry unless you're law enforcement" bandwagon. W/D will probably be doing the same thing tomorrow at the rate it's going. Anti gun activists are calling all the grocery chains demanding they change their policies.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/c...rry-crowd.html
    There should be just as many pro-2nd Amendment people calling them and asking them to stay out of Politics and support our rights.

I emailed Kroger, a store that my family shops at. I also used a contact form to contact Wal-Mart.

Even though they did not respond, they got it.

Do not think that just because you do not get a response your contact with them does not matter.

The old saying, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" applies here.
    olfarhors likes this.

MOLON LABE
    "We the people, are the rightful masters of both the Congress, and the Courts. Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who have perverted it." ~Abraham Lincoln

Member #
    Liked
    3102 times
    I shop wherever I want to regardless of any signage. You see, I conceal my weapon, so no one knows that I’m carrying it. And I ain’t telling.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Resist much, obey little. Walt Whitman

Semper Fi

Member #
    Liked
    24660 times
    The whole issue with Conceal Carry is that no one sees your firearm. That is the idea right?

Well, the problem with that is those that are not exposed to firearms assume that no one is carrying and thus there is no need to defend that right. Some of them would be appalled to know how many are actually carrying at any given time. If they were to see many good law abiding people carrying their firearms openly, it would show them that perhaps their ideas that no one carries and carriers are the minority would be squashed.

The hard core anti-gun people would not be swayed either way. They do not want us to carry at all, concealed or openly.

Thus the ones that open carry would have the biggest effect upon are those that are not against carry but just assume that it is not done or is not needed.

When someone sees a person they have known their whole life and have immense respect for open carrying, they have a hard time labeling them as a nutjob like the anti-gunners wish.
    45 Forever and 230JHP like this.

MOLON LABE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links