Krogers being sued because they don't have a "no guns for the law abiding" policy - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Krogers being sued because they don't have a "no guns for the law abiding" policy

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26843 times
    Are there any other "rights" she would like left at the door or is it just this one?
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    2207 times
    I routinely ignored those signs. I even carry in banks when carrying large sums of cash. (To me, anything over 50 bucks is huge. Even a 50 makes me nervous.) What are they going to do, install metal detectors?
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3506 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    I routinely ignored those signs. I even carry in banks when carrying large sums of cash. (To me, anything over 50 bucks is huge. Even a 50 makes me nervous.) What are they going to do, install metal detectors?
    In Dayton Ohio a 5th3rd bank branch has one, or rather, what they call a "weapons detection system." You get buzzed into the lobby one at a time, it supposedly scans you and then if it doesn't detect any weapons they let you in. It took me about 10 seconds, IDK if that's average. IDK if it even realy works or not but the bank robbers must think it does because I've not heard of any attempts at that branch. 5th3rd of course does nothing to protect their customers going into or leaving the bank. Once when my wife and I had to stop in there to get cash, I waited outside while she went inside. Waiting there at the door was another guy, an older gentleman who had his back to the door and scanning the parking lot like he was looking for a potential robber. Although it was concealed I could see that he was carrying. OWB holster. I asked, "you waiting on someone?" He replied, "Yeah, you too?" I laughed and said "Yeah. I guess maybe I'm a little overcautious." His reply was, "No you're not. I live in this area."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6346 times
    My 2nd rights say that I can carry, my guns goes where I go. If they put up a sign that says no guns allowed. Than they don't get my money.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19303 times
    If you remember, Kroger's removed gun magazines from their racks a year or two ago, so it's not like they're pro-gun. I think what they've been doing is respecting each state's laws and regulations on the matter, in which they are located. New Mexico is an open carry and CC "shall issue" state*, and the stores honor that, even Starbucks.

(*At least for now. Who knows what our tyrannical governor will try to push through our liberal state legislature during her term?)

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31058 times
    We don't have a Kroger anywhere near me. We shop at HEB. Now, if we had any 30.06 sign at that store, I'd just ignore it. In fact, all they could do is ask me to leave and, that's if they knew I was carrying. I'd just leave my basket and walk out the door and go to Brookshire Brothers.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    7595 times
    Perhaps Ms. Watson and Ms. Stafford, along with that ambulance chasing shyster, need to read and understand what Kroger said about this:

"We ask customers to be RESPECTFUL of others while shopping".

To me. that means:
    - Respect my right to carry, if it is allowed by local laws.
    - Show me the same respect that you would like me to show you.

It truly is that simple to understand and follow, ladies and shyster.
    Peacemakr40 likes this.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

Member #
    Liked
    7115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    maybe kroger's should institute a "no robbery" or "no murder" policy?
    lol

Member #
    Liked
    5039 times
    I looked up Kroger stores to see where they are located as there are none by that name near me.
    As it turns out the QFC chain of grocery stores is one of quite a few different names they use.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroger#Chains
    There is one of those at the far end of town but I don't shop there both because of the distance and the fact that they are 40% higher than Walmart.
    I have been in there a few times (every year or two) looking for something I can't find elsewhere. No luck of course.

Member #
    Liked
    48154 times
    A real quick story that happened a week or two ago.

A genius robs a Dollar Tree with a 1911.

I don't know if Dollar Tree has a silent alarm, but the police caught up with him, walking in the parking lot of the shopping center across the street.
    Calling for him to drop the gun and get prone on the ground, he disobeyed their orders and kept walking towards Publix. The police, following, repeatedly demanded he drop his weapon, he in turn, repeatedly ignored them... that is until he got to the automatic doors of Publix, where they promptly shot him dead.

Now, if he would have gotten into Publix, we would have had our very own Dog Day Afternoon. Thank God the police saw this coming.

Thank you very much, ladies, but I'll remain armed at all times.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-p...-boynton-beach
    We the People...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links