"Shoot Me First" vest.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: "Shoot Me First" vest.

Member #
    Liked
    279 times

"Shoot Me First" vest.

A while back I bought a Cabelas Safari Vest. I love the look of it. I was wearing it one day and a friend came up and said, "You know that thing you're wearing is called a "Shoot Me First" vest, right?" He said when bad guys enter what soon will be a crime scene, they are looking for security guards and anyone else that can get in their way. Since it's highly likely that your vest has a concealed carry pistol in one of its many pockets, you're on their radar. Last night I bought a Duluth Trading Fire Hose Presentation Jacket (they're on sale right now). It has a great selection of inside pockets that will easily conceal a micro 9mm. Now I can look dapper and not be the first one down.

Member #
    Liked
    6286 times
    I don't know that many people that rob for a living would even know what a shooting vest is. Just my opioin.

Member #
    Liked
    7334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    A while back I bought a Cabelas Safari Vest. I love the look of it. I was wearing it one day and a friend came up and said, "You know that thing you're wearing is called a "Shoot Me First" vest, right?" He said when bad guys enter what soon will be a crime scene, they are looking for security guards and anyone else that can get in their way. Since it's highly likely that your vest has a concealed carry pistol in one of its many pockets, you're on their radar. Last night I bought a Duluth Trading Fire Hose Presentation Jacket (they're on sale right now). It has a great selection of inside pockets that will easily conceal a micro 9mm. Now I can look dapper and not be the first one down.
    Might as well have tshirts made that say I Am Carrying A Gun as wear one of those things. Same thing goes for fanny packs unless you are in a tourist area.

Last time I heard, the theory behind concealed carry was to be armed and blend in. Photographer vests don't blend in anywhere unless you have a Nikon or Canon hanging around your neck.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1057 times
    Yeah, I heard that too.
    But I still bought a vest when Sportsman's Warehouse was selling them for $39.
    TrucksNCoffee, 230JHP and Ceapea like this.

Member #
    Liked
    279 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    ... unless you have a Nikon or Canon hanging around your neck.
    Would a Leica M6 be acceptable?
    olfarhors and Sekol like this.

Member #
    Liked
    19054 times
    Would a Leica M6 be acceptable?
    Yes. My 40 year old Yashica SLR would be acceptable when I wear my multi-pocket camera vest.

Member #
    Liked
    4000 times
    Why use a vest for concealed carry? Pocket, hip, appendix, belly band, ….many choices without a fanny pack or a vest.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    33075 times
    When it comes right down to it, I think I'd almost prefer to be their first target in that situation. I'd rather shoot someone who either took or was trying to take a shot at me, than have to rely on that "to protect the lives of others" stuff to keep me outa' trouble with the law. I also wouldn't wanna' have to wait until someone else is shot and maybe killed, to have legitimate (legal) cause to respond. If I'm ever in a SD shoot situation, I'd prefer there be no gray areas as far as the "direct threat" definition is concerned.
    Czechbikr, Sekol and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    Did any of y'all have the Agent Zero guns when you were kids? I did. The movie camera was a machine gun and the snap shot camera turned into a pistol. Hang one of those around your neck when wearing the Cabelas vest and you're good to go.

Member #
    Liked
    6724 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    When it comes right down to it, I think I'd almost prefer to be their first target in that situation. I'd rather shoot someone who either took or was trying to take a shot at me, than have to rely on that "to protect the lives of others" stuff to keep me outa' trouble with the law. I also wouldn't wanna' have to wait until someone else is shot and maybe killed, to have legitimate (legal) cause to respond. If I'm ever in a SD shoot situation, I'd prefer there be no gray areas as far as the "direct threat" definition is concerned.
    I'm not sure the first target in that situation would get much chance to respond. I'd prefer to be the grey man.

ETA: Regarding the 'shoot me first' vest -- there are options to the vest, such as a light shirt worn open over a t-shirt. One problem with jackets is that a jacket can be even more out of place than a vest, depending on the weather and situation.

A loose t-shirt over a small pistol IWB is a lot less noticeable than people think, depending on your physique (another good reason to get in shape). Find what works for you.

IMHO, people over-think what a bad actor can or will notice in any given situation.
    Last edited by 230JHP; 08-15-2019 at 04:01 AM.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links