Taurus Firearm Forum banner

woman takes gun from holster of gun carrier, "accidentally" shoots husband with it

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  daytonaredeye 
#1 · (Edited)
woman takes gun from holster of gun carrier, "accidentally" shoots husband with it

Check out the body language of the pic of her in court. :rolleyes:

During their investigation, officers were told that just after 3 p.m. Saturday, Subha Katel, 43, saw a handgun holstered in the waistband of a cousin, Subash Katel, who was with other relatives visiting from Pennsylvania, according to Fairfield Municipal Court documents. They were in town to visit Tika’s mother, who is ill, according to court documents.

Subash Katel was seated in the living room and “in a matter of seconds, Subha Katel saw the gun and grabbed the gun from the holster. As she was grabbing the gun … Subha Katel asked Subash Katel if the gun was a toy or real,” according to the court documents.

As Subha Katel asked if the gun was real, she allegedly pulled the trigger and fired the weapon, police said. Subha Katel said she was trying to hand the gun back to Subash Katel when it “went off,” and she was uncertain if she actually handed it back to her cousin or she dropped it.

Tika Katel, 57, was struck by a bullet in the left side of his head. He was transported to Mercy Health-Fairfield Hospital by an ambulance, and then transported to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. He died Monday, according to the Hamilton County Coroner’s Office.

Subha Katel told police she had never seen a real gun before, and only saw a toy gun once nearly a decade ago.

Family members called 911. The calls were frantic, and family members were crying and screaming for help, according to audio of the calls reviewed by this news organization.

One said, “My dad’s been shot.”

Another said, “I think it was an accident.”
https://www.whio.com/news/crime--la...e-head/BiIAleMVNBsrXYIrFSXznN/?icmp=cb_widget

#16 ·
Ladies, pay attention to how this plays out.

Guys, keep an eye o your wives depending on how this plays out.
This^^^^^^^^^^^

Negligent homicide is only a First Degree misdemeanor - NOT a felony level crime. Doesn’t speak English and grabs at thing - a losing scenario all the way around.

I do feel a lot better about using level 2 retention holsters!

Reactions: Flash60601
#21 ·
I'd think if they weren't citizens, the article would have mentioned it. Having said that, I hope she stays away from roadwork sites that use dynamite.

#10 ·
Check out the body language of the pic...
Are you referring to her closed stance and rather obvious inattention?

She really doesn't think that she did anything wrong, does she?

#20 ·
Are you referring to her closed stance and rather obvious inattention?

She really doesn't think that she did anything wrong, does she?
You could have stopped at the part I highlighted.

#12 ·
Where do they get a stupid charge like "Misdemeanor" negligent HOMICIDE?

#13 ·
her body language screams " who cares if I shot him? I wanted him to die"

#14 ·
It really is a fact that there are cultures and groups of people in this wide world for whom death has not the same importance and meaning as it does to most /Americans.

Life is cheap in some parts of the world. It is possible that the defendant is one of those folk.

#18 ·
I like the part where the 911 caller says, "I think it was an accident." There must have been some bad blood for this comment to have been said at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.