18 yr old with 10K of ammo and 15 rifles charged with threatening federal agents
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 18 yr old with 10K of ammo and 15 rifles charged with threatening federal agents

Member #
    Liked
    3616 times

18 yr old with 10K of ammo and 15 rifles charged with threatening federal agents

https://www.whio.com/news/national/f...icmp=cb_widget

Not sure what their definition of "assault style" rifles are. As far as the comment, "armed resistance is a viable method of political change", while I don't think it should be the first way to affect political change, it obviously could unfortunitely be the last resort in the future. After all, the founding fathers didn't secede from Great Britain with just kind words. Castro's group didn't kick out Batista with civil protests. And there are a lot of people in places like Venezuela and Hong Kong who wish they had a 2nd Amendment right now.

A far left anti gun "progressive" told me once that she was afraid Trump would declare Martial law when (her words not mine) he loses the 2020 election. I said to her, "And yet you support gun control laws that would make it easier for him to get away with it?"

I can't recall the show, but decades ago a guy who was supposed to be the "presidente for life" of some 3rd world country where there is no 2nd Amendment. He was telling someone about the "golden rule." His version was "He who controls the guns has the gold and makes the rules."

As far as a teenager possessing a "backpack" the article doesn't mention if it's clear or not.

IMHO, it's less of what he owns and more of what his intent was with them. I've got a neighbor that has ten times that amount of guns, ammo, camo clothes, but he doesn't get on the internet and threaten anyone with anything, not even jokingly. I'm curious though, how does an 18 yr old afford all that?

Federal agents find 10,000 rounds of ammo, 15 assault rifles in home of Ohio teen

An Ohio teenager accused of suggesting "armed resistance is a viable method of political change" was arrested after investigators found more than 10,000 rounds of ammunition and 15 assault-style rifles at his home, according to an affidavit filed Monday.

Justin Olsen, 18, of Boardman, was arraigned Monday in the Northern District of Ohio on a federal charge of threatening to threaten a federal law-enforcement officer, The Vindicator newspaper of Youngstown reported.

The investigation began in February after federal agents found online comments from a user who discussed supporting mass shootings, WJW reported.

On the popular internet meme site iFunny.com, agents said Olsen, under the user name "ArmyOfChrist" discussed the mass shooting and the assault and/or targeting of Planned Parenthood, according to the affidavit.

Court documents also said that on June 2, Olsen spoke with another user about the 1993 Branch Davidian standoff in Waco, Texas. According to the affidavit, Olsen, as "ArmyOfChrist," wrote, "In conclusion, shoot every federal agent on sight."

Another post attribute to Olsen said "don't comply with gun laws, stock up on stuff they could ban," according to the affidavit. "In fact, go out of your way to break these laws, they're (expletive) stupid."

In July, FBI agents in Anchorage, Alaska, traced Olsen's email address to Boardman, The Vindicator reported. Officers with the Mahoning Valley Violent Crimes Task Force arrested Olsen on Wednesday, the newspaper reported.
    According to authorities, Olsen admitted making the posts but said they were “only a joke," according to The Vindicator. FBI agents and Mahoning County investigators found the ammunition and assault-style rifles, along with shotguns, camouflaged clothing and backpacks inside a gun vault in a bedroom at Olsen's home, the newspaper reported.
    olfarhors and 777Driver like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4260 times
    NEVERMIND!!!!

"federal charge of threatening to threaten a federal law-enforcement officer"
    I had no idea that threatening to threaten was a crime?? Sounds madeup to me... Stupid 18yo kid ... Trying to impress folks..

Name:  threaten.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  59.4 KB

Did more research---- Actual charge is/was threatening to assault a federal officer....
    Last edited by bobbojama; 08-13-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    NotSo and 777Driver like this.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    22536 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    NEVERMIND!!!!

"federal charge of threatening to threaten a federal law-enforcement officer"
    I had no idea that threatening to threaten was a crime?? Sounds madeup to me... Stupid 18yo kid ... Trying to impress folks..

Did more research---- Actual charge is/was threatening to assault a federal officer....
    If threatening to threaten is a crime...what about threatening to threatening to threaten?

I'd also like to remind all that reply to this thread about rule #17. Don't go there.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...es-2015-a.html

17. Secession and Overthrow of the Government are two topics that are becoming more and more popular on the Internet. Regardless of the reasons why and the technical legalities for or against such topics, these topics will not be promoted on this site or in our forums.
    bobbojama and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2775 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    If threatening to threaten is a crime...what about threatening to threatening to threaten?

I'd also like to remind all that reply to this thread about rule #17. Don't go there.

17. Secession and Overthrow of the Government are two topics that are becoming more and more popular on the Internet. Regardless of the reasons why and the technical legalities for or against such topics, these topics will not be promoted on this site or in our forums.
    Yet when they met, I bet they vet the threat to see if it is a credible threat threat or if the guy's all wet.
    bobbojama and glenwolde like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post

What I'm wondering is how an 18 yr old can afford 10000 rounds of ammo and 15 rifles, and not living at home? When I was 18 I was so broke I could barely afford the gas to put in the car to drive or ride a mc to work to get money to put gas in the car. That and how did his parents convince him to actually move out at 18, when I hear people nowadays complain they got a son living in their basement at forty.

There's a possibility that's not being reported however. If he's living with his parents, the guns and ammo might not even be his, despite the fact the reporting is saying "his house".

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    What I'm wondering is how an 18 yr old can afford 10000 rounds of ammo and 15 rifles, and not living at home? When I was 18 I was so broke I could barely afford the gas to put in the car to drive or ride a mc to work to get money to put gas in the car.
    Who knows. A 16 year old made 3 million out of a 30 million prize pool playing Fortnight on the internet, so apparently that's a thing now. Or you can make money posting videos on Youtube.

Member #
    Liked
    48158 times
    There's always the trust fund babies.
    We the People...

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20879 times
    I bet every damn one of us have stated the same quip attributed to an 18 yo. In fact, it was the basis of 2A.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    3616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    I bet every damn one of us have stated the same quip attributed to an 18 yo. In fact, it was the basis of 2A.
    Depends on which quip you're referring to I guess. I have never said anything remotely even close to his alleged comment of "In conclusion, shoot every federal agent on sight" , not even as a joke.

There are four great protections for our liberties: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. If you lose the last, the first three won’t mean a thing.” Louisiana Democratic State Rep. Woody Jenkins, 1976

Member #
    Liked
    3616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shakyshoot View Post
    Who knows. A 16 year old made 3 million out of a 30 million prize pool playing Fortnight on the internet, so apparently that's a thing now. Or you can make money posting videos on Youtube.
    Had I known Youtube was going to be profitable for people who post video's I would've videoed my wifes cat night and day when it was alive. I could've retired earlier maybe, and not have to sell off my gun collection to buy a house out in the country. That thing was crazy sometimes, was confused about her species.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links