• 3 Post By olfarhors
  • 1 Post By Bobbr3
  • 1 Post By daytonaredeye

Thread: Gun store critisized for" back to school" sale

Member #
    Liked
    3617 times

Gun store critisized for" back to school" sale

I tried posting this in the Firing line section, but it won't let me post anything in that section, acts like I'm not signed in. OTOH, I can see and post in all the other sections, and has my username at the top right. ???? If a mod wants to move it to the firing line, please do.

https://www.whio.com/news/national/t...xUzO5AhpouLCP/

Simons' husband, who is an educator, told the television station he thought the juxtaposition of guns and school was a bad decision.
    Maybe. I think schools would be safer if there were guns in them, as in guns in the right hands, not just mass shooters who will ignore any "no guns" laws or signs anyway.

"In the current climate and in the current culture where we have school shootings just constantly, mass shootings just constantly, it seems like a real poor choice of words," he told KTRK.
    If I still owned a gun store it's not words I would've used.

A spokesman for the Boyert Shooting Center told the television station the sale was the culmination of a summer-long promotion. The store also promoted the sale on its Facebook page.
    Why not just say, "End of summer sale" then?
    777Driver and darbo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1149 times
    Ha ha!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19721 times
    Moved to the Firing Line per OP request. Let me know via PM if anyone has trouble accessing the Firing Line.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19704 times
    I can see it's maybe not the best choice of words, but unlike the folks in the article, I try to keep my panties unknocked over every little thing I see these days.

Member #
    Liked
    2329 times
    Yeah, sorry, but given the current trend off school shootings, this was an extremely stupid idea for a sales promotion at best, if not a deliberately insensitive attempt to gain notoriety through infamy orchestrated by a total fool.

Honestly, even if this was intended as a tongue-in-cheek joke that teachers ought to be armed in order to combat school shootings, only a total fool would overlook the obvious way it could be horribly misinterpreted.
    Desperado likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    1029 times
    So next week is Walmart roll back price week?

Member #
    Liked
    27027 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I can see it's maybe not the best choice of words, but unlike the folks in the article, I try to keep my panties unknocked over every little thing I see these days.
    OK, as usual no sense of Humor, and yes an actual school shooting is not humorous but then its also not advertising!
    soo why no uproar in the new fad of bullet proof (which should be bullet resistive) back packs?
    just trying to get in extra sales due to the publicity and fear of the recent shootings.
    like a child is going to be calm enough or even realize that someone is shooting at them to raise the back pack and deflect the projectile like Wonder Woman does with her bracelet---Come on parents get real, maybe a lucky stop IF a shooter does show up and fire but that's about it.
    hey lets go tear down a few statues to protest this should make us feel better!
    Ironmagz and darbo like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    27027 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Moved to the Firing Line per OP request. Let me know via PM if anyone has trouble accessing the Firing Line.
    WAIT A MINUTE!!
    how can you use the word "Firing" in your response after all the recent shootings!!
    I am highly offended and think I need to go have a few Beers and maybe go burn flag or two!!!
    typed while kneeling at my Key Board!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ironmagz, darbo and BigBlue like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Having spent most of my working life in the radio/television broadcasting industry, I had a lot of involvement with creating advertising messages. Someone once mentioned to me that "it's important to understand that how something is perceived is more important that what it actually is." Even though this "Back to School" sale title isn't meant to be grim, given the current political climate, I also find the choice of words to be off-putting when I put myself in the shoes of anti-gun zealots. Why give them yet another thing over which to get all worked-up?
    pegasus likes this.
    Robert

Coatesville, PA USA (Suburban Philadelphia)

NRA Patriot "Patron" Life Member

Amateur Radio Call Sign: KB3ZIM

Major Italian Car and Italian Firearm Fan!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20886 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    WAIT A MINUTE!!
    how can you use the word "Firing" in your response after all the recent shootings!!
    I am highly offended and think I need to go have a few Beers and maybe go burn flag or two!!!
    typed while kneeling at my Key Board!!!!
    Name:  E58DD224-2669-41F4-9BE8-A3F457419323.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  737.0 KB

Dude, been waitin’ for this’un For a loooong time!
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links