Concelaed carrier might've stopped another mass shooting in Missouri - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Concelaed carrier might've stopped another mass shooting in Missouri

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Member #
    75669
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    154 times
    Missouri is a "constitutional carry" state. That kid was just stupid, and they really cant lock people up for that.
    glenwolde and taurustoter like this.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

  2. #42
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    7985
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    16,712
    Liked
    19461 times
    Does Constitutional Carry have a lower age limit?
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

    “Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

    With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

    Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

  3. #43
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    73271
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,930
    Liked
    2220 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Does Constitutional Carry have a lower age limit?

    Here in KS the age limit is 21.
    daytonaredeye likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #44
    Senior Member
    Member #
    46972
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    3,015
    Liked
    3376 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    Missouri is a "constitutional carry" state. That kid was just stupid, and they really cant lock people up for that.
    Maybe proven stupidity ought to be against the law. Make it a three-strikes offense. Stupidity can't be fixed, it just gets worse over time.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

  6. #45
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    7985
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    16,712
    Liked
    19461 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Here in KS the age limit is 21.
    OK, and our boy in MO is only 20. I’m inquiring as to whether MO has a lower age limit for permit or Constitutional Carry - per Nimbly’s input above.. In Ga, you have to be 21 yo with a GWCL in order to carry - open or concealed, your choice. We DON’T have Constitutional Carry and I’m sorta glad . . . for the moment. It’s folks like this ass in Springfield who threaten firearms rights for those who do follow the law and rules.

    There is another side to it here in Ga; LEO is prohibited from asking to see your carry permit without due cause. OC of a long arm into a WalMart - regardless of any history of a spate of mass shootings - is enough to bring out the magic words “Can I see your GWCL?” AKA What’s in your wallet?
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 08-12-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

    “Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

    With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

    Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

  7. #46
    Senior Member
    Member #
    11801
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    34,038
    Liked
    26541 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
    Maybe proven stupidity ought to be against the law. Make it a three-strikes offense. Stupidity can't be fixed, it just gets worse over time.
    TRUE!
    BUT-- Stupidities Father can be fixed to prevent future occurrences!!!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

  8. #47
    Junior Member
    Member #
    75721
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    6 times
    I think what people are missing here is that one of the purposes of the constitution is to "insure domestic Tranquility" This may sound cliche but it is fact "Ones rights end where anther's rights begin". Just as the right of free speech ends at "shouting fire in a crowed theater". The same principle applies in that you don't have a right to carry a weapon in a manner which causes alarm to others. Even when you are allowed to carry openly, you must carry the weapon secured in a holster not carried in your hand. Carrying in your hand, at the ready would understandably cause undue alarm to normal people. In other words, you may have a constitutional right to be armed but that right ends when you carry in a manner that interferes with "domestic tranquility". Also if these fool teenagers, which may now have a right to have a long gun, keep this crap up they likely will, and should, soon lose that right.

  9. #48
    Senior Member
    Member #
    49535
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    midwest usa
    Posts
    2,967
    Liked
    3434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jljones View Post
    I think what people are missing here is that one of the purposes of the constitution is to "insure domestic Tranquility" This may sound cliche but it is fact "Ones rights end where anther's rights begin". Just as the right of free speech ends at "shouting fire in a crowed theater". The same principle applies in that you don't have a right to carry a weapon in a manner which causes alarm to others. Even when you are allowed to carry openly, you must carry the weapon secured in a holster not carried in your hand. Carrying in your hand, at the ready would understandably cause undue alarm to normal people. In other words, you may have a constitutional right to be armed but that right ends when you carry in a manner that interferes with "domestic tranquility". Also if these fool teenagers, which may now have a right to have a long gun, keep this crap up they likely will, and should, soon lose that right.


    The guy who is the focus of the story was not hand carrying it. nor did he allegedly have his hands anywhere near it. He had it slung in front of him, with the barrel pointed straight at the ground. (At least the picture I saw)

  10. #49
    Junior Member
    Member #
    75721
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    6 times
    That's not the point. If he was doing it to cause alarm.........or just for the attention and in so doing is causing alarm he's looking for trouble, which he got.

  11. #50
    Senior Member
    Member #
    49535
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    midwest usa
    Posts
    2,967
    Liked
    3434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jljones View Post
    That's not the point. If he was doing it to cause alarm.........or just for the attention and in so doing is causing alarm he's looking for trouble, which he got.

    I was simply responding to a specific part of your words, when you said,

    The same principle applies in that you don't have a right to carry a weapon in a manner which causes alarm to others. Even when you are allowed to carry openly, you must carry the weapon secured in a holster not carried in your hand. Carrying in your hand, at the ready would understandably cause undue alarm to normal people.
    And I simply responded that he was not holding the weapon and had it slung, which is the rifle equivilent of having a handgun in a holster. As far as his motive, he certainly wasn't carrying it in a way that was designed to alarm people. In fact it (his carry method) should've been the exact opposite, unless you are making the argument that having a rifle with him at all is alarming to others so soon after mass shootings. IMHO it was a stupid thing to do, but as far as illegal or not, as you say, motive is important, and I don't have all the facts to make an informed decision about that. Regardless of whether he wins in court or not, he's probably going to have a lot of expensive legal bills defending himself. Prosecutors tend to not care about what it costs to go after someone, it's not like they're spending their money to do it.
    Czechbikr and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

 

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •