Concelaed carrier might've stopped another mass shooting in Missouri - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Concelaed carrier might've stopped another mass shooting in Missouri

Member #
    Liked
    26542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    In the news today, everyone is running out to buy a gun and get their CCW, because of what happened at WallyWorld.
    The commies overplay their hand, every single time.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...to-buy-weapons
    I asked the guys at my local range/gun shop hangout about sales, especially on Black Rifles.
    they said there was a little movement but not really that much. said a lot of lookers/checkers. question askers but felt most were waiting to see exactly what direction all this took.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2221 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I asked the guys at my local range/gun shop hangout about sales, especially on Black Rifles.
    they said there was a little movement but not really that much. said a lot of lookers/checkers. question askers but felt most were waiting to see exactly what direction all this took.
    I've been planning to build my own rifle in the next few years (extremely busy right now) but I may have to at least push up the purchase of the parts. It's more of a "can I do it" thing than a "don't let the man know" thing, but I guess that can change pretty quickly. Of course, now the NSA knows all about it now, so if I'm not on a list, I am now.
    taurustoter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    The guy in Springfield looks like what I've seen called a 2A auditor. We've had some of them here in Oklahoma. They typically wear some form of military-style gear (load bearing vests that can be mistaken for body armor,) carry an AR-15 or AR-style pistol, and use their phones to video themselves in a public place. They claim to be "educating" the public or "auditing" the police response (thus the name) but all they're doing is seeking attention for themselves, IMHO.
    "Everyone who is not an American, drop your gun!"
    Sheriff Isaac, "Doctor Who: A Town Called Mercy"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22083 times
    Somebody broke the law. If he was lawfully carrying .... then the fire fighter is guilty of at least brandishing, if not assault with, a deadly weapon. From what I read of the law he was legal. The timing doesn't make it a violation. In poor taste? Hell yeah. But that's not illegal.
    daytonaredeye and Nimbly like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    26542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OKNewshawk View Post
    The guy in Springfield looks like what I've seen called a 2A auditor. We've had some of them here in Oklahoma. They typically wear some form of military-style gear (load bearing vests that can be mistaken for body armor,) carry an AR-15 or AR-style pistol, and use their phones to video themselves in a public place. They claim to be "educating" the public or "auditing" the police response (thus the name) but all they're doing is seeking attention for themselves, IMHO.

WAIT just one darned minute there partner!
    whatcha trying to say?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    45 Forever likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Somebody broke the law. If he was lawfully carrying .... then the fire fighter is guilty of at least brandishing, if not assault with, a deadly weapon. From what I read of the law he was legal. The timing doesn't make it a violation. In poor taste? Hell yeah. But that's not illegal.
    I actually agree here. Not 100% aware of OC laws in Mo but here in Ga with your GWCL you can OC pretty much everywhere you can carry. And our state gun laws supersede any more restrictive laws at the local level. Not sure of a 20 yo carrying b/c you have to be > 21 yo.

Yeah, I’m familiar with this type; I don’t call them auditors but the other “A” word.
    olfarhors and 230JHP like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19463 times
    Hey, question for you Missourians . . . .

Is there a minimum age requirement for OC in the state? Does it differ handguns vs long arms?
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    3125 times
    That stupid kid. Unless there was a war on, happening here, I would not ever just walk around with a rifle or shotgun hanging off of me. Not only is it a PITA, it is also just stupid. They ought to shove that kids rifle, right up his...
    olfarhors, jljones and 230JHP like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    In the news today, everyone is running out to buy a gun and get their CCW, because of what happened at WallyWorld.
    The commies overplay their hand, every single time.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...to-buy-weapons
    Kinda like buying dead-bolts after your neighbor gets their door kicked in, or fire extinguishers after someone has a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Makes me think of a Star Trek episode where there is an alien floating around and taking control of random crew members. One of the guys is day dreaming and doesn't reply to a question and everyone pulls their phaser pistols on him. Kinda scary knee jerk response, to someone who might have only been guilty of stupidly poor taste.
    230JHP likes this.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    3125 times
    Yeah, punks we don't need. Whether it be guns or filming yourself in a fight, just for the purpose of posting it on social media, makes you look like an idiot. All it does is make everything worse. Fools.
    jljones and 230JHP like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links